Built Gn engine having trouble after warmed up

Sharpieferrari

I'm new to forums so not sure if I'm posting this in correct place. I purchased an 86 Gn with a consistent running problem. After it warms up the engine will suddenly die out. I can hear fuel pumps turning on. Then it will restart and die out before I could even get it in gear. I let it sit for 20 min and came back to side of road and it started so I took off and made it a mile before I had to try and two foot it another 1/4 mile before it dies again. I let it sit for 35 min and came back and was able to barely get it back to my shop. I do have to note before I took it out I chznged he

I'm new to forums so not sure if I'm posting this in correct place. I purchased an 86 Gn with a consistent running problem. After it warms up the engine will suddenly die out. I can hear fuel pumps turning on. Then it will restart and die out before I could even get it in gear. I let it sit for 20 min and came back to side of road and it started so I took off and made it a mile before I had to try and two foot it another 1/4 mile before it dies again. I let it sit for 35 min and came back and was able to barely get it back to my shop. I do have to note before I took it out I chznged he
the crank sensor and put new spark plugs in to help the rough idle/no start condition originally. This car has a bigger turbo, precision turbo dual electric fuel pumps, turbo 400 trans and was raced as far as I can tell. When it does run it runs well, bit of a light knock up high, but runs strong. There are two adjustsble precision turbo knobs in center console that adjust something to do with fuel. One is labeled "idle" and the other "wot". Car has no maf and has an accel engine controller mounted under dash. I don't have fuel pressure gauge on rail but intend to grab one today to check for fuel pressure after started. Any help appreciated.

Its rear hard to say because a number of things can cause what you are talking about , Do you a Scanmaster ? if you did it may help finding your problem

I'd start with removing the Accel DFI and throwing it in the trash. Not many people have that system and even less like it.

I have a scan master and power logger in one of my other Gn's but it only works with the factory computer I thiught. I have a buddy getting me correct chip to install a stock ecu in. Hoping that will help situation.

Before you tear out what you have there, it sounds like the car is dying out after its warmed up. I would try turning up that IDLE knob and see if that helps you out.

As for the light knock you speak of, turn that WOT button up a little to add some more fuel to the fuel map under wide open throttle. That DFI unit is old school stuff but it still works. You can take small steps with the fueling and solve your problem.

If you need to plug into the ECM that will take a laptop with a 9 pin serial port, the correct cable and the DFI program. Hopefully you got that when you bought the car.

I have a scan master and power logger in one of my other Gn's but it only works with the factory computer I thiught. I have a buddy getting me correct chip to install a stock ecu in. Hoping that will help situation.