Buicks allowed to compete on "Sport Compact Hurricane Nationals" at Moroso...

Thanks for the info...

..Roy. :) So do you plan on competing in this event? I know Lacosta(sp) does. :D

-Alex

Hi Alex,

Hope you and yours are OK ! No, we are still down. I don't think we'll be ready to go until late Sept. early Oct. gearing up to the November BOP/TSM event @ Reynolds.

Would have wanted to go to this event to spectate with some friends, too, but, I will not be able to make it, got to spend what little time I have off with mom for now, had a TOUGH blow unexpectedly in the family this past week end.

Re: Hi Alex,

Originally posted by Boost
Would have wanted to go to this event to spectate with some friends, too, but, I will not be able to make it, got to spend what little time I have off with mom for now, had a TOUGH blow unexpectedly in the family this past week end.

:( ...I am sorry to hear that Roy. I hope things get better for you and your family.

-Alex

Roy, I am very sad to hear this. I am going through some tough times myself.

If all goes well, I will be at the race. Hopefully, we will be allowed to run this year. Last year I was told "yes" I could run because I didn't have a V-8. Then was told I couldn't run because it wasn't a "sport-compact".

Anyone know what class LaCosta will be racing in? I "heard" his car was back-halved. If so, I'm not sure if they will be allowed in the Q-16 (stock frame) class. I doubt I have enough "hardware" to beat them if we run the same class.

I am undecided which class I will run. If I can make the Pro-Outlaw, I may run that for the larger payout and smaller field. More than likely, I will run Q-16. If they allow me two classes, I will also run the street tire class, and run my drag radials in both classes. I suppose I'll make my decision after I see how qualifying goes. It would be perfect if we had a TR in every class.

Thanks Cal, ditto on your kind words. I would do exactly what you said if I were in your shoes, I'd wait to see what the field brings to make a final decision on which way to go.

LaCosta went to a back-halved Twin Turbo set up. Hope there are several GN-T's representing.

Here is a "QUOTE" from Sue's e-mail, hopefully you'll have no problems this year.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi Roy-

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you. Yes, you may race your
Buick at the Import Race next weekend.

Best,
Sue Strecker
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Regards, to Hollie, Louie, The Harmons, Willard and the rest of 'THE PALM TREE POSIE".

I am new to organized racing.

What class are us daily driver mid 12 second drag radial cars in?

Originally posted by jsta6
I am new to organized racing.

What class are us daily driver mid 12 second drag radial cars in?

It appears you would fit into the "street legal" class, which allows only one power adder, and a street tire, such as a drag radial. :)

So, would I be lumped together with Brad and Terry, who run one full second faster then I do, or do they do that "dial-in" thing?

So, would I be lumped together with Brad and Terry, who run one full second faster then I do, or do they do that "dial-in" thing?

I believe it is heads up, from what I can gather from the flyer. But keep in mind, that you can have all the power in the world, but if can't hook, you can lose to under powered car that hooks.

It says on there that the "non-qualifiers" can enter brackets at no additional charge. Now I assume that this is for the quick 16 etc, but point is that they'll have brackets. I don't know what's up with the super comp class thats 7.50-13.99, which I would guess is brackets. There should be a class for you Shawn, but I don't know if there is a "driver plus 4 baby seats class." ;) I've never entered one of these things either. May have to get the gn running right.

I posted this here on July 2nd. I also have it in writing from the Management at Moroso. We will be allowed to compete. It would be great if many of us showed up and beat up on the imports. On the other hand, I have respect for some of them since I have seen many 7 and 8 second imports run. It is just a matter of how many of these show up. I am still planning on going if everything works out. The three heads up classes are with a .4 pro tree according to Moroso officials.

:cool:

Is everyone still going...

..Cal and Ricardo, do you still plan on going to this event? The weekend of the race is quickly approaching.(3 days away) Any others out there plan on participating?

-Alex

looks like my trainsmission has died, again...:mad:

Who built it? Ivan? Think the only guy in south Florida I would trust to build a 200r4 is Laz!!!

Of course.

But, I can tell you 10 good and 10 bad stories about each and every TR mechanic in south florida...:D

You think we are bad? Ever own a Harley? Those guys are brutal. There are guys who swear by some mechanics, and other guys that say they wouldn't use that same mechanic if they broke down in front of their shop. My dad's last bike had a stroker motor in it that he had the engine rebuilt every year for three years. Each time someone new rebuilt it. Each time they said, "the guy who did the rebuild last time is an a#$hole".

Not making that one up...

lol.

Of course.

But, I can tell you 10 good and 10 bad stories about each and every TR mechanic in south florida...:D

You think we are bad? Ever own a Harley? Those guys are brutal. There are guys who swear by some mechanics, and other guys that say they wouldn't use that same mechanic if they broke down in front of their shop. My dad's last bike had a stroker motor in it that he had the engine rebuilt every year for three years. Each time someone new rebuilt it. Each time they said, "the guy who did the rebuild last time is an a#$hole".

Not making that one up...

lol.

I'm just making that statement on facts...... Laz, has built 200r4 trannies for a couple low 10 second Buicks (Orlando as well as Roy before he went with a TH400) and both of those trannies lived a good while before being taken apart..... That tells me the man knows what he is doing with a 200!

Alex:

As of right now, I am planning on going. As long as the car starts :eek: so that I can put it on the trailer and the weather cooperates. Weather forecast is 50% chance of thunderstorms for Saturday and Sunday :confused:.

If the weather is not good maybe we can race somewhere else: Bradenton, Orlando, Gainesville, Reynolds, Atlanta………… LOL
:D

I feel the need......... the need for speed!!!

:cool: