Buick vs Ford 2012 revisited

mrstage1

Ok fellas. Been off the grid awhile working to solve a little dilemma with the track.....being open or not. LOL.

As of this week I have been informed we will indeed be able to run the event at Ark City. There was a fair bit of drama with the track even being open and I have much respect for the track owner Bill Wood's diligence in working toward getting the track open at all this season. It has been one hit after another for him and me. I think I actually started getting some grey hairs over this deal(gasp). However, throughout it all he has been willing to honor a contract I signed with someone in February when Mr. Woods health was forcing him to step away, who was purchasing the track and got rejected for other reasons. That's a stand up guy in my book. Other factors then caused some serious setbacks and I was ready to enact plan B and move the event but at the 11th.99 hour I was told to go ahead and restart promoting the event cause they will be open for us.

So, to cliff it. The event is still on. It has been moved for some of our racer's convenience regarding the nationals to October 13th. There will be test and tune on the evening of Friday the 12th. I am in the coming days gonna revamp all the fliers and hope to get those up soon as well as carpet bomb the net with info to other sites in hopes to have a large turnout of racers to make this a great event.

I humbly apologize for any inconvenience and worries this may have brought on. I too was on pins and needles waiting with the rest of you.

Thanks, Mark Shackelford(mrstage1)