Buick V8 Grand National

jawort0

Has anyone ever converted a 350 Buick engine to Grand National LC2 spec? The bore is the same, so I assume Turbo V6 pistons can be used. The front cover is the same, so the cam position sensor should work. A fourth coil pack could be added. I assume a Buick 350 would bolt up to the 200-R4. The fuel injection software / hardware would be difficult, but it seems like it would be a very fun project, allow more HP and stay true for the Buick loyalists. Maybe the Buick 350 bottom end is not strong enough? Curious why this is not a popular platform for turbo conversions.

Cheers, Joe

go to the buick v8 board. There is a guy running a twin setup on his 350 skylark. I think he is even selling custom kits.

Like you pointed out, a lot of the stuff will bolt on but you're going to be left with the need for custom headers, intake, and an EFI system that can handle a V8 vs a V6. The main draw back of the Buick 350 is they stopped making it in 1980 and it never had EFI so you're stuck with carb intakes or custom sheetmetal if you want port injection. No doubts it'd make a good starting point but it's a lot of custom work to make it happen.