Buick T Type Exhaust

slp99ws6

Im looking at upgrading the exhaust on my Buick and i'm new to the Buick scene. Do anyone know anything about the rjc 4'' single shot exhaust?

Go with the SS 3" from TR custom parts. 4" from RJC is more for people who use the 5" downpipe from RJC.

Go with the SS 3" from TR custom parts. 4" from RJC is more for people who use the 5" downpipe from RJC.
Ummm, what? There are a few threads about people using the rjc (and possibly even the gn1) 4" exhaust with a 3" down pipe so I'm not really following you at all? To the original poster do a search on here for the 4" exhaust quite a few threads about it. And if you buy into the "its only for use with a 5" dp" b.s. and you just want a single exhaust, gbody parts sells a 3" single exhaust.

Just an opinion, but why would a street turbo car need a 4" exhaust, on even a 3" one for a performance improvement?

It is difficult enough to route a 2-1/2" system over the rear axle and keep it away from contacting the coil springs or frame parts? Maybe the 4" system will exit before the axle?

Being new to the scene, the OP maybe does not realize as the exhaust gases flowing out of the down pipe and into the tail pipe, it becomes cooler.

As it travels further back the exhaust, restriction becomes less as the gas volume flowing in the pipe is shrinking.

So even with dual 2-1/2 pipes, there is more than enough exhaust flow for even a modified street GN not being a restriction.

This has been verified many times at the track with a low 11 sec. GN it will run the same times with or w/o the dump open. :)

If it's a track only car with a big turbo that I can see maybe using the 4in. Otherwise it may slow spoolup and it is very loud and drones a lot on the highway. Their 3in crossflow would be a better option. I have one and if fitted properly will clear everything ok. No restriction and very little-no drone.

Take Nick's advice. Unless you have a highly modified track car a 3" downpipe with a dual 2-1/2" out the back is all you need. I'm running high 10's@125+ on a very mild build with that exhaust.

The GN1 3" set up is nice.

Like Nick said, hard to install.

Attachments

• 3 INCH EXHUAST 5.jpg
    3 INCH EXHUAST 5.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 3 INCH EXHAUST 3.jpg
    3 INCH EXHAUST 3.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 3 INCH EXHUAST 4.jpg
    3 INCH EXHUAST 4.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 196
Ummm, what? There are a few threads about people using the rjc (and possibly even the gn1) 4" exhaust with a 3" down pipe so I'm not really following you at all? To the original poster do a search on here for the 4" exhaust quite a few threads about it. And if you buy into the "its only for use with a 5" dp" b.s. and you just want a single exhaust, gbody parts sells a 3" single exhaust.

Wasn't saying that he couldn't use it, but why would you need it? Like I said it's designed for people using the 5" DP. And anyone using a 5" DP is making pretty serious hp. Also, you wouldn't have to waste time and money to modify it to fit 3" exhaust.

Wasn't saying that he couldn't use it, but why would you need it? Like I said it's designed for people using the 5" DP. And anyone using a 5" DP is making pretty serious hp. Also, you wouldn't have to waste time and money to modify it to fit 3" exhaust.
...lost. It fits the 3" down without any mods...

Take Nick's advice. Unless you have a highly modified track car a 3" downpipe with a dual 2-1/2" out the back is all you need. I'm running high 10's@125+ on a very mild build with that exhaust.
x2...All 3 of my cars have this, 3" dp into 2 1/2 exhaust..its all your gonna need, and my 3 cars are 12s,11s and 10s..

thanks for all the input guys....i bought a 87 turbo regal with some mild upgrades...TE60 turbo, front mount, 60# injectors, built trans...does have some kind of aftermarket exhaust now but starting to look a little beat up so i figured i would go with a new system