Buick scene in Jacksonville

trbochV6

Gotta Luv It!!!!
I am finally getting out of the military and was wondering how is the Buick scene in or around Jacksonville?

i lived there for past 4 years and there are a few hard core guys, who like to go to the track and other major buick events, there is a BOP club that i think still gets together once and a while too, at one time i attempted to see if a turbo club was possible but i didnt get a feel from a lot of the TR guys that they were interested....orlando seems to have a way tighter group...but enjoy jax, i have sinced moved back to pensacola

Originally posted by trbochV6
I am finally getting out of the military and was wondering how is the Buick scene in or around Jacksonville?

Hey Fred, you'll have to get on IRC and talk..haven't I seen you on there before?

There are a bunch of us around the Jax area, or in Orange Park/Middleburg. There's a BOP club that is more or less plugging along; web site is www.boldcitybop.org. Drop me a line when you're coming back to Jax; we'll put you to work on somebody's car. :p

Which track to you go to? Jax raceway is a 1/8 track, right? Thats the bad thing about leaving El Paso. The race scene is crazy here. Right now I am a member of a car club that has the fastest street cars in town. Im talking lo 9s. Im debating on trying to make a Jax chapter of the club. Any ideas??
Hey Kendall, I talked to you probably about 2 years ago. I really need someone who knows how to tune this damn thing. Ill defenetly get ahold of you when I get there which will be around the beginning of October. Later on..

I'm still here,Hopefully I will be getting my sorry butt outta the garage and back out in public .Been doing a lot of home improvement stuff and a jeep projects the last few months.hopefully this winter will liven things up a little for the racing/tuning and cruising scene.

I've been out of the scene for alittle bit. But I'm still here. I was gonna get the car painted by a friend, but that fell through. So I gotta put some parts back on the car. Sad thing is, I was gonna work on it this weekend, but because of the storms, I probably won't get to it.

Buicks are becoming rare in Jax, but there are a few people such as myself that drive their TR daily. By the way I heard Jax raceway is closing at the end of the year. Good luck on your move.

I'm still here......my schedule is a lot more hectic now but i usually can find time for the Buick. :)

Hi Fred, Don't know if you're in Jax. yet...but I'll have both of my TRs at the First Coast Car Council car show at the Avenues Mall(corner of southside blvd. and phillips hwy.)Sat. Sept. 11th. Hope it doesn't rain.

Originally posted by RobsIron
Hi Fred, Don't know if you're in Jax. yet...but I'll have both of my TRs at the First Coast Car Council car show at the Avenues Mall(corner of southside blvd. and phillips hwy.)Sat. Sept. 11th. Hope it doesn't rain.

Rob,

several of us from OP drove out to the beaches cruise-in last weekend..got there and you had apparently already left. I might trailer mine out just for the heck of it next weekend if the weather's nice. It's not running under its' own power yet but it at least looks like a car again. Give me a call if you want, 272-8661.

Hey Kendall, Sorry I missed you guys. I had made plans earlier in Aug. to go to The Comedy Club with some friends not knowing if I would even have the GNX by then or not. The shippers got it here real fast. I would have called you, but I didn't know if I was even gonna go up there or not. The weather looked good so I blasted up there real quick 5:15-6:15. Try to make the FCCC show if you can. Rob. 509-5095.

Welcome Fred.
It's been a while since we all got together. Anyone planning on the OP cruise this Sat? Maybe we should have a cookout again.

Scott

BTW, Happy B-Day Kendall.