Buick Represents and Wins True Street Class….

jsta6 said:
Congratulations dude!

Did you drive the car or trailer it?

Shawn, I trailered it there.. Being nearly 200 miles away, I had the trailer and it’s just always good insurance.. Plus I wanted to see how well the new truck towed…. :biggrin:

I really wish Bradenton was my home track..

Tow Vehicle

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 211
That 69 Yenko is one bad motha!!!! I talked to that guy at a show and he said it ran 9.40's :rolleyes: That friggin thing sounded like a top fuel dragster!! What did he end up running??

Very impressive. 10s on a 61. I hear lots about it but never actually seen it. Good Job! :wink:

Louie L. said:
Very impressive. 10s on a 61. I hear lots about it but never actually seen it. Good Job! :wink:

Thanks Louie,

Yea…. I did not race on Sunday, but with the head wind change to Tail Wind on Sunday Morning, everyone picked up a mph or 2.. I am so surprised how well this combo runs.. Stock 113k mile Bottom end…I never even had to take a tool out of my bag for 3 days of racing.. Car also has only a single pump in the tank – and NO FRONT MOUNT. Something to be said for Precisions Stock Location. I dropped the timing to 25/23 on one of my last runs and still went 10.98 in the heat of the day!

blackshoebox said:
Dave,

What was your three pass average? Sounds like it may have a 10.7x in it. :cool:

-Alex

Well they asked me to slow it down because of no cage, so I tuned the timing down.. The first pass they said they would give me a warning… Then I would have to slow it down to 11.49 or so…

My 3 HOT LAP back to back passes were.. I mean Hot Lap.. DO a 30 mile cruise, come back and get staged, go down the track, get back in line and do again… It was part of the whole True Street Class..

10.98 @ 122
11.40 @ 111 off the gas
11.12 @ 122 stayed in it a little longer

So the average was 11.17..

I didn’t run on Sunday, because they were really enforcing the 11.49… at least to me. But the head wind changed to tail wind and everyone was breaking out and running 1-2+ mph faster then Saturday.. In better air, she may go 10.60’s ???

congrats, i went to that event 2 years in a row and only saw 1 gn last year, and to my disappointment it didnt make any passes. this year, i didn't make it and abuick wins. keep it up and i hope to run into you one of these days at moroso :cool: if i ever get my car running properly. :(