Buick Regal Headliner?

headliner

a few years ago, i took mine to a local automotive/marine upholstery shop and had it re-upholstered with matching material for about $100. still looks like new! check your local area for a similar business (or restoration shop).
bw jones

If you don't find what you need locally, Jax Seat Cover has headliners and most other upholstery items. They are also very nice about sending fabric samples.
(414)744-1907.

Jax Seat Cover

I went to Lowes and got some 3M spray adhesive (like $8) and then to Hancock Fabrics and I got ..something.. Gray headliner material ($15 for 2 yards) I took a sample of my existing saggy liner with me that I pulled from under the edge trim so it was as dark or nearly so as factory, it's VERY close the stuff I got, it might be a shade off, but it looks damn good to me, less than $25 and an hour or so of my time later and here you go:

headliner2.sized.jpg

headliner1.sized.jpg

That's right after I put it back in, those finger dents are pretty much completely gone after a couple hours and it's smooth now, still looks great several months later.

Take off the trim, take out the headliner (it helps to have a 2nd pair of hands) scrape off all the crud, apply 3m in a nice even coat, put down the liner and mooth it, trim it with a razor/scissors to the edge of the backing material, and rehang it and put the trim back on, all told less than 2 hours of my time, I could do it again in under an hour easy now that I know how that fracking trim comes off.

I went to Lowes and got some 3M spray adhesive (like $8) and then to Hancock Fabrics and I got ..something.. Gray headliner material ($15 for 2 yards) I took a sample of my existing saggy liner with me that I pulled from under the edge trim so it was as dark or nearly so as factory, it's VERY close the stuff I got, it might be a shade off, but it looks damn good to me, less than $25 and an hour or so of my time later and here you go:

headliner2.sized.jpg

headliner1.sized.jpg

That's right after I put it back in, those finger dents are pretty much completely gone after a couple hours and it's smooth now, still looks great several months later.

Take off the trim, take out the headliner (it helps to have a 2nd pair of hands) scrape off all the crud, apply 3m in a nice even coat, put down the liner and mooth it, trim it with a razor/scissors to the edge of the backing material, and rehang it and put the trim back on, all told less than 2 hours of my time, I could do it again in under an hour easy now that I know how that fracking trim comes off.

wow looks awsome nice and clean.

What's the best way to remove the old glue? I have 2 Century GS's and one has had it re-done before I got it,but the other needs it badly.

I used a wire brush to get the big off, then I got some duck tape and rolled it around backwards to make a poor man's lint roller. That got it mighty clean.

Basically pull out enough tape that you can wind it over backwards around the roll so the sticky side is out then just put your hand in the roll and roll it around it picks up the glue and crap like the dickens. Took about 3 foot or so of tape to get it nice and clean.