Buick RaceDay 2005, Norwalk Raceway Park

Buickracer

Thursday, April 28th noon-4PM Test and tune and Gamblers Race, $25 to T&T, $10 for gamblers race, $10 for spectators.
Friday, April 29th 9-4, Test and tune, $30 and $10 for gamblers race, $10 for Spectators
Saturday, April 30th, All Buick Car Show, at Arbys, Norwalk, $10/car, spectators free
Sunday May 1st, Buick Race Day, 15th Annual, For Buick powered only, Quick 16, Bracket races and 2nd Chance Race.$30 pre-entry, $10 spectator, $40 day of race for car/driver.

Pre Entry Form(PDF)
Flyer

Hotel Info

Hotel INFO:
The Booking Code is BUCK, and the rates are $59 for Thursday, and $74 for Friday and Saturday, try talking to Misty or Christine.
Best Western 419-663-3501 or Amerihost 419-663-1922, we are hoping to fill the BW first then send folks to the Amerihost, but if you have a preference, go for it

Randy and all, I updated the link and I can't modify the old post, so try this HERE and look at the bottom of the page. There are new links to PDF files for the flyer and the pre-entry form!

I may be interested in going to Norwalk for the 1st time this year. I'm wondering if the hotel accomodations are still available and if one can check in on the day of arrival?

There are rooms available at the Amerihost, 415 Milan Ave, Milan, 419-663-1922, booking code is BUCK. Rooms will be released from the block on 4/20/05.

V6 and V8 Challenge Race

On Friday, we will have a V8 and V6 Challenge Race sponsored race with the V8 Race sponsored by Earick Racing and the V6 Race sponsored by Aggressive Auto Performance. Both races have sponsorship money of $500! Thanks to Brian Earick and Bruce Alred! We will offer this as a 'gamblers race' also so racers competing will be asked for $10 to enter, to offset the track cost, and provide additional monies to the race winners. There will be a payout to semi's and trophy/plaques to the Winner and Runner Ups in both classes. If we have time we may have a King of the Hill race between the winners of the V8 and V6 Challenge with $50 to the winner provided by the race promoters. RV and BW

im going to go up there on sunday to watch will they be having vendors there with toys and parts for sale also? does anyone know the address for there so i can get directions last time i went was in 02 im gonna drive up for one day from pittsburgh!

FYI

I reserved a room at Amerihost for Saturday night @ $ 58.67 WITHOUT the code on Travelocity.com. I'm not sure why it was posted it'd be $74??

Originally posted by Ted A.
Lets hope for no rain this year......

Local forcast as of of Thursday evening...

Tomorrow
Cloudy

High: 56°
Low: 49°

Sat
Rain/Wind

High: 54°
Low: 40°

Sun
Partly Cloudy

High: 53°
Low: 41°

The news said only a chance of showers on Saturday morning

Ain't looking good.......

Norwalk, OH

Friday. Cloudy with a chance of showers in the evening. Then showers after midnight. Possibly a few rumbles of thunder. Lows in the mid 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday. Showers in the morning. Then showers likely in the afternoon. Breezy with highs around 50. North winds 15 to 25 mph.

Saturday night. Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain showers. Possibly mixed with wet snow after midnight. Cooler with lows in the mid 30s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.

Sunday. Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/forecasts/OHZ019.php?warncounty=OHC077&city=Norwalk

i am fully aware it is a buick event, but would there be any possible chance to make a few passes in another GM product downthe track, not to compete but just to test. that is assuming sunday's weather permits. this is pretty much my last chance to put the bottle in the car and get it down the track before other responsibilties kick in, the weather hasn't been cooperating at all as of late.

sorry but i had to ask. :eek: but i am trying to accomplish something with the changes made over the winter is all, and Norwalk is the best track i have ever been to!

To Hell with the Weather channel.

Racing on Thursday went off as planned, no rain delays. I got in 4 passese with lots of cool down time in between.

Friday was delayed until Noon due to some light sprinkles. Then the track was hooking all day long...they even extended our time slot an hour to make up for the delay. I got in 7 or 8 passes...as the only TSM car represented on those two days.:(

Oh, the 30% chance of rain tomorrow that some of you may be worried about, is not supposed to happen until late in the day. Eliminations prolly start around 1:00 ish.

Great comaraderies, great track, great racers, Great Time!

whats for tomm weather!! i dont wanna drive up there to see rain!! i really wanna go though

Originally posted by Topjimmy
Buick powered and Buick bodied cars only on Sunday. Why not run the Saturday night program?

well i had to ask! saturday prgoram starts at noo, it is 4:20 pm now soo umm now racing at norwalk for me tomorow :(

what is it worth to the event organizer ;)

BUICK RACEDAY RESULTS

Results and pictures are HERE
PS also have event t-shirts available, logo is on the results web page, $15 includes shipping, mostly XL available, and some others, email me with wants!