Buick meet @ Mooresville Dragway March 21

Any updates for this event?

I emailed the Carolinas GSCA Club, below is the response.....

Hello, Scott

Yes, we still have the event scheduled at Mooresville but it's on the 21st of March. Track opens to the public at 3 PM but our club can get in between 1 and 2 to set up our areas and at a special $5 price.

Web site is: Carolinas Chapter I'm not sure that it's all up to date.

We also have a couple email lists that we do to remind members about meetings, etc.

Karen

Still planning on the 21st, but I am going to try to get in touch with Jody, their "free race" rained out today so the rain date for that fell on the 21st also. I'll post when I get ahold of him.

How about a buick powered Turbo Trans Am?

Absolutely, bring it! Matter of fact, if it's running yet there may be a Buick-powered Camaro there too! :biggrin:

the way i look at it we need to show all the support we can for these great cars and people,so if you got a buick powered mini bike,show up to support these advents....hell i might bring my t-type with a 6.0 out of a junkyard and see how fast it can go with a cam,headers and a carbed intake on it....lol

Still planning on the 21st, but I am going to try to get in touch with Jody, their "free race" rained out today so the rain date for that fell on the 21st also. I'll post when I get ahold of him.

Tim, let us know if the GSCA Club time still stands

Free Race Gates Opens at 10 am runs till......Midnight

:: Mooresville Dragway.com ::

It appears that there gonna have there free race on the 21 st now that it rained all last weekend. so is it still a go for the GSCA track day?

Ok, I talked to Jody, and we are still a go for the meet. It will be a little different than we had planned because of the bracket race though, but we can still work with it.

The biggest thing is the gate fee for Saturday is $15 now (what it was supposed to be last week), and then you can enter the 'free' bracket race. HOWEVER, Jody agreed to let us Buick guys in for $10, and we still have the option of running the scheduled bracket program if we want. Or you can hang out with us, test & tune, show, and run the gamblers race we have planned.

If you want to run Mooresville's free bracket race, you may want to get there around 11am, but we are planning on the Buick guys arriving around 1pm, and we will run our deal separate. He suggested doing our gamblers race after 3rd or 4th round of the track's program, but he would be flexible.

John Looney and I will get there a little early to set up the club tent and arrange the area for the guys that want to show. Jody said we could have all the room we need, and we may set up in the pit area across the track if we need to, I'm guessing there may be a good crowd of cars there.

Should be a fun day, we've got a trophy for the race winner, and a trophy for the show for "best Turbo Regal" and "best GS".

Look forward to seeing you all there!

what do we do if were not driving our cars?? Do we just tell the person at the gate we are with the Buick club and we get the discount to $10??

what do we do if were not driving our cars?? Do we just tell the person at the gate we are with the Buick club and we get the discount to $10??

I bet the will be crowded with this race. Do you guys have a specific part of the pit area we will all be able to park at?? Someone should get there real early and block off a spot for us or have you guys already got a plan for that??

Mooresville

Hey Clint,
After talking to Tim last night, he said that him and some other members were going to get there around 11:30 to set up. I think they are going to set up a tent and designate an area for the car show.
I'll see you there HUNNYEE!!!;)

Hey Clint,
After talking to Tim last night, he said that him and some other members were going to get there around 11:30 to set up. I think they are going to set up a tent and designate an area for the car show.

Save me a spot for racecar, truck and trailer. :biggrin:

Hey Clint,

Get ready for me baby..... you know we will be there all night long:D :D :D

Clint, that's a good question, I'll have to find that out. In the meantime, plan on bringing a car. ;)

John and I will be getting there early to set up, so we can all park together, just look for the club tent when you get there.

Clint, that's a good question, I'll have to find that out. In the meantime, plan on bringing a car. ;)

John and I will be getting there early to set up, so we can all park together, just look for the club tent when you get there.

Thank you sir for your hospitality!! It was a pleasure to meet with some new faces. Congrats to the Lamberts for the trophy win. Remind me not to come and show next time when Jennifer brings her car so I wont waste me time.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC07230 (Small).JPG
    DSC07230 (Small).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 162
Thank you sir for your hospitality!! It was a pleasure to meet with some new faces. Congrats to the Lamberts for the trophy win. Remind me not to come and show next time when Jennifer brings her car so I wont waste me time.:biggrin:

Thanks Clint!! Next time just let me know ahead of time and I will polish your car too. :wink:
We had a great time and saw several nice GSs. Thanks for a nice event Tim.

i hate i couldnt make.i hate another commitment the whole day .congratulations scott on on ur win at car show .i think it was rigged .just kidding .it sounds like i missed good event at mooresville dragway .oh well maybe next time .:smile: thanks regalwe4 kevin sorry i missed everybody

wish i could have met few more of you guy's,but that 6 liter buick regal kept me busy...

I was down at the track most of the day. I didn't come by to meet any of you but I did check some of the cars out. All your cars look about perfect, very nice.

If any of you saw the lil red Fiero that trapped 94mph, that was me.. :D

I was down at the track most of the day. I didn't come by to meet any of you but I did check some of the cars out. All your cars look about perfect, very nice.

If any of you saw the lil red Fiero that trapped 94mph, that was me.. :D

i seen it,cool ride.....