Buick Machine shop in Dayton, Oh area

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

I just picked up my 4.1 and am getting it ready for machining, does anyone know a good machine shop in the Dayton area that will do the machine work correctly? Right now its just block and heads, the jury is still out on if I'll go to the Eagle crankshaft or not. I'm still looking for neutral balance parts for cheap and if machining the stock balancer hub and flexplate is a good idea for a street/strip 600hp motor. Any comments on that issue are also gladly welcomed.

Thanks,

Dayton Crankshaft on Davis street 253-8136 or George Montgomery on Brantley Ave. I have used both and they both do good work. Dayton Crank doesn't do balance work though.

Sweet, I bet he builds a mean motor, though probably charges in blood of your first born.

Originally posted by steve hughes
Dayton Crankshaft on Davis street 253-8136 or George Montgomery on Brantley Ave. I have used both and they both do good work. Dayton Crank doesn't do balance work though.

That's where my motor is right now.

George does good work......and he has forgotten more about Buick V6s than most people ever knew. Ask him to show you around his shop, but bring a rag to wipe the drool off your face.

DR

DAYTON CRANK HAS BEEN MY MOTOR BUILDER FOR EVER.
DAVE AND KEVIN VERY FAIR.
I let them do the machine work.however I do a good cleaning when it is returned and do my own assembling

Howdy,

Thanks for the replies guys, know anything about Parson's? My friends around the office and my friend's instructor at Sinclair recommend them. I want to build my own engine just have someone do the machine work for me. This is a learning experience for me so I don't want to just drop off parts and cash and get a drop in motor back.

Thanks,

Parsons is very good also .from what I hear they are very proud of knowing how to read a Mic.Big Money

Who do you think will be more expensive for just the machine work Parson's or George?