Buick GTX T-Type????

bwallace

Anyone ever heard of a Buick GTX?? I have buddy who will be working on it next week, it's a 87 T-Type with a non-turbo V8. The owner claims it has 2400 orginal miles, he is the only owner and it was purchased of the showroom floor. I know Plymouth has a GTX and of course there's the GNX but he claims it's a T-Type with a V8 and the Buick Dealer where he purchased the car calls every year and offers to buy it back. Anyone???

Seems like I remember reading that in 87 the Turbo T replaced the T-Type as the turbo car, then you had the Regal Limited w/turbo, and the T-Type for 87 was a 307 Olds crap V8 (don't anyone say it's not crap i've owned a car with this engine trust me):)

Oldsmobile made something like that that looked similar to the H/O or 442 but was really just a slowpoke. I think it might have been called a GTX or something similar. Your friends car sounds like a "Buick Regal with T package". Since it's a 307 car, it's not worth nearly as much as the T with turbo package. He's better off droppin in a 3.8...probably get a pretty penny for it that way. :)

The "T" in 1987 was just a grand touring suspension package. It came with either the Turbo V6 or 307 V8.

The "T" and T Type were always different packages on various Buick models in the '80's

There was never a V8 Regal T Type.

This GTX is likely a dealer modified car.

Originally posted by b4black
This GTX is likely a dealer modified car.

I agree.
Also, if the dealer keeps offering money, then that looks pretty attractive to me, assuming we're not talking chump change. I don't think that a v8 T-Type will ever demand a decent amount of money....in our lifetime.

Don't know if I will be there when he drops it off but I told him to bring the digital camera. I will post when I get them...thanks for the info!!