Buick engine wiring info please...

Craig Smith

That was easy!
Where can I find pinout info for the ignition module on a 1993 supercharged 3800 engine? We are working on a project with someone running one of these engines in a test and I need to find out for him how to connect to the module. However, I have no info on ignition module pinouts for this year.

If anyone here has easy access to this info and could help me it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Craig

I checked with a friend who has Mitchell on Demand, and while it didn't have the schematic for the VIN "1" supercharged 3800 in a 93 Bonneville, it did have the VIN "L" n/a 3800 so I copied that portion because he thought that they used the same module and pcm, except for wastegate stuff on the supercharged motor. Anyway, hope this helps, and I really hope the formatting is readable :). Oh, I'm working from memory on the cam and crank sensor internal functions.

Ignition wire PCM PCM Comments
Module color Pin signal
Pin

P pink blk Switched power to coils
E wht To tach/dash
L blk red C8 Reference pulse in Lo
C lt blu blk D6 Crank signal
D ppl wht C11 Reference pulse in Hi
B tan blk C6 Ignition bypass/control
A wht C7 EST control
F blk A12 Cam reference
J brn wht A on cam sensor Output, I think
N wht blk B on cam sensor Power, I think
and C on crank sensor
M gry red C on cam sensor Ground, I think
and D on crank sensor
G dk blu wht B on crank sensor I think these
H lt blu wht A on crank sensor are both outputs

Well, golly, looks like multiple spaces are all squashed to a single space, sigh. So much for readable formatting. Sorry, but I don't know a better way, and with the new 10 minute time limit on editing I don't think I'll find one in time.

Thanks everyone. I got all the info I was after from Berrel Auto. It appears that the info Carl put up is correct as well... I think. After I get it sorted out and confirmed I'll post it back here so you can have the info.