buick bar-b-q at ned

Dang I missed this guys...even though the GN is still not done I would of loved to have been there...oh well next time. I would of driven my 300hp trailblazer...if someone got stuck I could pull ya out...lol.

Take care guys

Brian just sent out notification on the NEBRA BBQ:

OK everyone,
We have a date for the 2008 NEBRA BBQ. Keith is working on the
paperwork for and permits for it, but he said the date was open. So,
unless you hear differently, the date is October 12th this year. As
alwyas, it will be on a Sunday. So, talk to all of your relatives, and
tell them that noone is to get married or have a baby on that date,
because you have plans.

Details to follow. (As soon as I have time to work on them.)

Brian

EXACTLY!
And if it is held at NED, then it won't be what the BBQ is supposed to be.
Keith started the BBQ so that it was a nice calm meeting of Buick enthusiasts that didn't have the pressure and commotion of trying to talk to everyone, work on the car, and try to make the races. It is supposed to be a relaxed atmosphere where everyone gets to hang out without rushing off to the staging lanes, or thrashing to get ready for the next run. No shouting over the loud open exhaust cars, or the loud speaker.
As long as I am organizing the BBQ, it will NEVER be at a race track. Never. That doesn't mean that we can't have an event at the track. I thought that was great, and I and others have been talking about doing a NEBRA event at the track for years. But, organizing the BBQ is tough enough, and with a job change, and a wedding and all sorts of other stuff going on in the last few years, I haven't been able to get anything like that accomplished, especially without the connections that others have. Jerry is one of the guys that I have spoken to about it. That is why he came to me when he was planning it. He knew that I wanted to do one myself, and that I would want to be involved, so he was nice enough to let me in. Unfortunately, we were only able to get one in this year. Hopefully next year, we can get at least two in, and possibly three. I plan on helping again, if asked, and if we work on it, I see no reason for not having two or more.

So, if anyone is interested in the BBQ, drop me an email or a private message.
I will be traveling all week, but will be checking email, and my phone messages. Heck, I might even answer the phone if you call. Gotta go.