Buick and Pontiac may go bye-bye...

jsta6

John 15:17
http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/19/news/fortune500/gm_losses/

The one comment on plans Devine did make was to dispute recent speculation that the company is looking to get rid of one or two of its brands. Last month, Vice Chairman Robert Lutz referred to Buick and Pontiac as "damaged brands" and said that while the company thought they could be turned around, it would have to look at closing the brands at some point in the future if there wasn't improvement.

I thought this rumor was put to rest several weeks ago when some GM director said that and then a day or so later another higher up exec said no way would threy be disco'd...there was a thread about this a few weeks ago....don't remember all of the details. But I think Pontiac has some nice looking cars coming out...like the Solstice.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
But I think Pontiac has some nice looking cars coming out...like the Solstice.

Am I the only one who doesn't care for the jellybean shape of the Solstice? I especially don't like the front end. The performance is also disappointing. I agree it's a step in the right direction, but I'd think if they're trying to market Pontiac as the performance division, they'd make it more agressive-looking like the S2000 or RX-8, and at least offer the SC'd L4 from the prototype as an option.

I continue to be underwhelmed by GM's offerings, outside the C-6 and the Caddys which are both outside my current budget.

Originally posted by Warp Six
Am I the only one who doesn't care for the jellybean shape of the Solstice? I especially don't like the front end. The performance is also disappointing.
It does kind of look like a BMW M3 from the front, but I like the interior and the rear styling the best. Performance is low, maybe they'll step up in the next years models..usually the first year does not have many options. But if I bought one, it would be for a cool economy non-gas guzzler anyway, got enough performance gas guzzlers already :) It seemed to be a big hit on The Apprentice last week.

I tried and tried and tried...

But that new GTO is just to da*n butt ugly...:confused: