Buick 350 V8 or Buick 231 V6?? ..84 Regal..

84Regal84

I am new to this and I just wanted some opinions on a motor for my 84 regal project. I am leaning more towards a Buick 350. Which I would like to put a twin turbo on eventually. But I also see the potential in the Buick 231 V6 turbo. I want something dependable I can drive around town and also have some power when my foot feels a little heavy..Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

is the car a turbo car , if not then go with the v8 , it will be on the road quicker, you need lots of parts $ for the v6 turbo swap, but its your car. do what feels good

It was non turbo v6 until I ripped it out. More parts $ sounds like a headache. Well looks like I'm going to stick with buick 350 like I planned. I am anxious to get it on the streets asap. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Put a Buick 455 in it. There's a recent post of a guy's Regal with a 455 in it and it sounds killer.

Haven't done much research with the 455. Read a forum awhile back where this guy was unhappy with the 455 and wanted to go back to the 350. I forgot the details tho. But ill look up and check out that recent post maybe it might change my mind. 455 would be a beast in a regal!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Why not a an Olds 350 or better yet and OLDS 403? My buddy swapped an 403 in an 1984 Buick Regal and loved it.

84Regal84, for in-depth info for your 84 Regal project, may I suggest you check out V8Buick.com