Buddy Cox GNX

buddy cox

car was stored in a warehouse then while stored there the place cought fire the car is fine but the motor was out of the car when the warehouse cought fire so the motor and other parts were lost... any questions just ask

I use to work with his son at a dealership in salisbury...heard the story years back...does it still race up there? is he on here?

1000 miles divided by 1/4 mile = 4,000 runs :) We've been going to the Nationals for 20 years and even back then when we saw that race car, we wondered why would you do that to a GNX :frown: .

Paul
ha slowing down and driving it 1/4 mile back=1750 runs lol

Back in the early 90's ,I past a Lexus dealer on state road 436 Altamonte Florida,an saw a GN, i pulled in, It was a GNX, supposedly Buddy Cox's,He traded it in the Guy said, i forget the number, i want to say #103 #113 or something, i recall a "3" in the number,I test drove it, the Trans. was wasted,I asked how much, the Lexus dealer appraised my 87' GN an the deal was $11,000 plus my car....I'm still kicking myself in the Arse for not doing it!!!! 8^( ........Was all original...

Enjoy!

Back in the early 90's ,I past a Lexus dealer on state road 436 Altamonte Florida,an saw a GN, i pulled in, It was a GNX, supposedly Buddy Cox's,He traded it in the Guy said, i forget the number, i want to say #103 #113 or something, i recall a "3" in the number,I test drove it, the Trans. was wasted,I asked how much, the Lexus dealer appraised my 87' GN an the deal was $11,000 plus my car....I'm still kicking myself in the Arse for not doing it!!!! 8^( ........Was all original...

Enjoy!
man thats crazy!!!!

Enjoy!
You gotta sweet build going on btw

Buddy cox is my grandfather... Trust me he never traded the car he does still own it and it currently sits at my unckles house

Buicks at Bristol

Attachments

• P9210007.JPG
    P9210007.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 206
Buddy cox

Buddy Cox ran Bristol in 1999 and qualified 2nd. I ran him first round and he beat me. Didn't hear from him again and nothing to this day. By the way, he went on to win that race. It was the same year Dutwieller and Conley ran and Kenny ran the first 6 second passes with a turbo v-6

bob aka stgman

His qualifing time was 8.16 in the high 160mph range

I was there .wasnt that the year Conley left the nerf ball in the intake?

I have his original GNX motor sitting here. Suppose to have less then 1,000 miles on it. Yes I also have the Turbo as well.
I sold his rear suspension that is in MD.
I sold His wheels & tires are on GNX #001.
What year did you sell the wheels and tires?
AWK