Bruce help with Low Trans Pressure

Windy6

Bruce, i just measured my pressure in all gears and it was roughly 150-175 psi with full TV. This is compared to 280 before. What i think happened as in the past is the transfer tube came loose and is leaking pressure. I epoxyed it like you recommended and i think it broke loose again. What do you recommend i do? Should i make a bracket to hold it in or get a new tube?

Thanks for your help
George T

Tube is low one and low 2 only. Everything else should be normal. It appears you may have another problem.

Bruce here are the actual measurements with Full TV:
Park 200
Reverse 150
Neutral 225
OD 175
Drive 175
2 175
1 175

I installed your high pressure regulator spring with your new .571 boost valve about a month ago. I raced a car and i noticed that trans wasnt shifting as firm as it use to so that is why i checked the pressure. Could it be a blown valve body gasket? What should i look for?

Hey Bruce...

What happens if you put a low/reverse boost valve in upside down, what would the symtoms be?

Windy6...what ever became of this?

Bruce/Mark....what would happen if the low/reverse boost valve were put in upside down?

I took it back apart and it was assembled corretly. So i cleaned it up and noticed some clutch dust inside the valve. I put it back in and the pressure cam back up. However my trans is shot, i will need to get it rebuilt over the winter. From talking with Bruce i probably messed up the band anchor pin. Oh well i spent alot of time and money trying to patch this 2004r and to no avail. Im running in the high 11s with only 17k miles on the trans. I expected by raising the pressure and installing Bruce's Shift kit the trans would be able to handle this performance level. Oh well there goes 1400 that i didnt have or expect to spend on this car.

GT