Broken V band clamp ATR headers

1987ttype

so i broke the T-bolt for the v band clamp for my ATR headers (for crossover pipe). The pipe is 2.25" OD and the flange is 3" OD. Most (all i've seen) V-band assemblies labeled for 2.25" tubing, use flange OD's smaller that 3". and I think I have to use a clamp labeled for 2.5" tubing in order to accomidate the 3" flange. So is it ok for me to buy a clamp sized for 2.5" tubing? it should fit the flange just fine and i assume that's the thing that really matters.

i'm sure i'm not the only one who has had to replace a v band clamp for these guys. what and where did you get replacement vband clamps for these headers? thanks!

clamp

I picked a couple of these up at Napa. You'll probably have to look through thier catalogue yourself as the guys behind the counter were no help to me. They weren't cheap, about $20 a piece if I remember right. Dan

thanks, i can deal with $20, but just wondering what did you use to look them up? the flange OD? ATR part #? thanks.

You can also get vee-band clamps from Detroit Flexible Metal. They have the less expensive clamps and upgraded clamps. If the NAPA route doesn't pan out, call and talk to Darin Stocker. He should be able to help.

clamps

I went by the flange OD, you may need some measurements of the flanges themselves also. (thickness, etc) If you don't have a micrometer you can usually pick one up somewhere for around $30. Dan