Broken Posi Pinion Bolt

SPOOLN

I was replacing my axle seals in the rear end and my posi pinion bolt was broken. I got the bolt out and the pinion pin to pull out the C- Clips. Where can i get the small bolt that goes into the posi chunk. I was fortunate to have an extra to get my car back together. Who sells them local besides the dealer.
Thanks

I'll try this again. Check the Help! section at the local auto parts store. If not stocked see if they have the catalog, it should be in there.

Lucky you got the bolt out. On my first car, the broken piece fell out of the rear end when I took the cover off to change fluid. :mad:

None of the extracting tools would work to get the chunk out that was still left in the rear. I ended up taking it to a local shop and he very carefully used a die grinder to V out the top of the posi pin. What a nightmare. I have flashbacks to that every time I smell gear oil.

Hell I got it out the easy way:) Took another bolt we had in the shop, same threads, drilled a hole all the way through center of it! Used that bolt as a guide so no threads would get damaged. Took a long drill bit and drilled into the broken off bolt in the pin, used an easy out and it came right out. All this was done with the posi in the car and me on my back. I was very happy it worked out, so maybe this can be of help to others.:) Cool thing is, no threads were damaged..