BRF Shift Calibration

TurboGeezer

Is there anything inherently wrong with the original BRF valvebody setup?? It seems like if I just do the following, I may have a pretty good shifting, longer lived tranny:

Remove TV exhaust checkball (and rod since it won't be needed) per ATSG

Install Bruce's pressure Reg. kit with all the larger boosters

Use type F tranny fluid

Is there anything else that is really neccesary (inherent problems)?? My fear is that a shift kit will take away the nice smooth, but positive, shifts that I now have at part throttle. I would like the WOT shifts to be firmer and more precise without spoiling the PT ones. Won't better pressure regulation do that for me??

TG

I think a press. increase would firm the shifts a tad. About the TV exhaust checkball I always assumed you were to leave it out but I`ve read to leave it alone , as it`s function is some what of an emergancy device if the TV cable breaks or dissconnects you won`t lose all of your line & fry the trans. But mine is out.:D:D I`ll put it back in the next time the trans. is down.

Jim

Anyone Else ?????

Thanks Jim. Is there anyone else that wants to get into more of the technical details ??? Certainly some of the gurus understand the "stock" calibration enough to answer this one. Nowhere have I been able to read what to look for in a shift kit that will create good positive, non-harsh, shifts in normal driving, along with quick strong shifts at WOT..............or is this not possible???

TG

Thanks Bruce

Thanks much for your help. Looks like it would be money well spent to get more than just the pressure kit........... :)

TG