BRF Identification

vics86

I'll be going to look at a tranny this week. What are some things to look for in the tranny to make sure it is a BRF? I cant seem to find any info anywhere. Id like to check the governor and make sure it has the buick servo. Any other suggestions would be great.

thanks for your help

been to the link. i want to know what to look for on the inside. I know where the governor is at and the servo. dont know where on the servo the identification stamp is.

I think people can swap tags or internals so I want to be sure Im getting what I am paying for..

thanks.

The valve body should have "BR2" or "BR3" (depending on year) stenciled on the side in yellow. The govenor should have an orange gear.

I also think it has 3 pressure switches.... unlike all the non BRF valve bodies.... so unless it has been modified... there will be three switches..

2 pressure switches. 3 and 4th gear. TCC has external ground.

If the case is correct for your car, it should have a partial VIN stamped on the pan rail. You can match it with the last 8 of your VIN.

2 pressure switches. 3 and 4th gear. TCC has external ground.

If the case is correct for your car, it should have a partial VIN stamped on the pan rail. You can match it with the last 8 of your VIN.

Thanks.... I stand corrected.... it is one more than all the other valve bodies right?