Brembo rotors, include bearing races..

Ormand

Had new Brembo rotors delivered earlier this week, and when I started to put the wheel bearings into them, there are already bearing races pressed into the rotors, both inner and outer. Is this normal? Should I use them, or remove them and use the races that came with the SKF bearings? It sure would make things easy if I can use the races that came in the rotors.
:confused:

My last set of rotors already had both races installed also. I just left them in and used the rest of the bearings I bought separately and it has worked just fine. I figured the ones that are already installed are about as square as they will get, and it would be a pain to remove the ones in the rotor without marring it. I'm sure the brembo races are high quality anyhow. I say go for it and just put in the rest of your skf pieces.

I tested the ones that are in the rotors, to see if they would come out easily, and they will NOT! If they were easy to remove, I would have used the whole SKF set, bearings and races. But I'm thinking like you, Buickpower- it would be real easy to put a ding in the rotor mounting bore, and create a new problem. If the SKF bearings are good with the Brembo races, that would be much simpler.

I got the SKF bearings at Pep Boys. I tried Advance Auto first, and they didn't have a brand I ever heard of, and besides that, they didn't have any in stock. Don't know if SKF or Pep Boys is on line, but they most likely are.