Brand New Refinished GNX WHEELS

Rotti54

I bought these wheels newly refinished from (Mario987)on this forum. They are still new in the box with center caps, lug nuts and caps. I never mounted them decided to sell the car. The fronts will take a 245 size tire the rears a 255. They are so awesome looking. Contact Matt 973-479-1682
I paid $1400 a few months ago
Selling for $1200 plus shipping.
f324a77b3cd7f388e178f8cbe2c786fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on nobody is interested? These wheels are sick looking.

Yeah Its a great deal.
Considering they are GNX spec and 1/5th the money. If I didn't already have a set I'd buy them.

D

Last edited:
Matt. Where can I get the info on the specs for these wheels.
Backspacing and the such. Are there mods needed to put them on And some other pics head on. Thanks VINNY

they are -15 front -23 rear ..same as the gnx was

Last edited:
Was fortunate enough to buy a set of these wheels from Mario last year, they look great, was told they would bolt on no mods but the 245/50/16 front tires rubbed, was referred to Rick Hunt for the gnx wheel well cutouts and that solved the problem..

Was fortunate enough to buy a set of these wheels from Mario last year, they look great, was told they would bolt on no mods but the 245/50/16 front tires rubbed, was referred to Rick Hunt for the gnx wheel well cutouts and that solved the problem..

I'm interested in these.

So a spacer or adapter would have worked then too? Sounds like they sat too far in and rather than spacing them out, you made more room to the inside.

What about the backs, can I get a street drag radial on there?

opposite... they are pushed out (the center is moved in further than on a front gta giving rim face a deeper dish ) and a spacer would make the fit worse

on the front with a 245 you can do what the gnx did
to help with rub on turns they had a wheelhouse patch panel that replaced the lower section of the plastic wheelhouse witha panel that hugged the frame better adds a little room at the lower rear where the outside of the tire rubs on full turns ..you can get those patch panels from rick hunt or GNS performance . to help with bounce rubs when straight on the GNX they cut out the fender lip and the inner fender and installed a metal wheelhouse for more room , Rick Hunt had made a fiberglass version of that wheelhouse but they have been unavailable for a while now
you wont rub the frame with 255/50-16 mt drag radials as you would if mounted on a front gta but have to be carefull on ride height or run risk hitting the fender lip ..even if they are rolled.. (front gtas usually need a thin spacer to run the MT 255 radials)
on the gnx with 255/60-15 gatorbacks they cut the lips off the rear quarter panel above the crease line

Last edited:
I don't want to speak out of school... I bought these and installed bfg comp-2 245/50/16 front 255/50/16 rear, bolted them on n they seemed fine, sent it off for paint and body work and he noticed they did rub, suggested the cutouts so I had them sent to him, car is not finished yet but you can see a pic on here with them on my dark blue car.. I'll try to find the thread and bump it for you don't know how to link it..

Thank you (pacecarta) Paul. I appreciate you explaining this to everyone. Guys these wheels are awesome!

heres the mario (gnx) rims on my 87 245 front bfg+ 255 rear bfg

Attachments

• 0926151418a.jpg
    0926151418a.jpg
    933.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 0926151418.jpg
    0926151418.jpg
    932 KB · Views: 44
  • 0925151037b.jpg
    0925151037b.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 39
  • 0926151417b.jpg
    0926151417b.jpg
    933.6 KB · Views: 38
kirbans and marios are 16x8
kirbans are dimple spoke gta one peice rims that are replicas of the 88 up GTA front rim , marios are OE GM non dimple spoke two piece like the gnx had (the center and outer drum are welded together )
kirbans are patterned after the fbody front GTA with that rims zero offset , vs marios which are reset oe GM rims to the GNX rim specs with front rims respaced at -15 offset (about 1/2" deeper than the gta front) and rear rims set at -23 offset (about 1" deeper dish than the gta front)
visually the rim dish is one thing youll notice but the other is the kirban lips are machine finish anodized and cleared (look dull) and dont look near as show as marios deep dish polished rims . the kirbans finish is easier to maintain but will never look as good as polished aluminum which looks like chrome

Last edited:
Pacecarta, thanks for that info, i can see the shine difference between them and was wondering what the other diffs were.