Brand New 109 Blocks, Timing Covers, and 763 rods

Bryan Weber

Weber Racing Equipment now has brand new 109 blocks, Timing Cover Kits, and 763 Connecting Rods for sale.

There is a limited supply of these parts and once they are gone that's it. We bought all the inventory so I know there is no more. Get one while you can!

New 109 SG1 Block:
These are brand new individually wrapped and boxed GM 109 SG1 blocks that have never been in use. They are finish machined other than a finish hone on the cylinders and the oil drainback hole will need to be drilled and tapped. These are not defective or blems in any way.
New Buick 3.8L 109 Engine Block

New GM standard volume timing cover/ oil pump kits:
We have brand new GM standard volume timing cover/oil pump kits for the rear drive 3.8 -4.1 Buick V-6 engines. These are the real deal not a cheap imported knock-off. The kits come with a GM timing cover w/ original GM rope seal and retainer, metric pump cover with by-pass, pressure regulator and bolts, flame hardened gears, and gasket. The aftermarket covers can't hold a candle to these!! We have the kits that are unassembled Brand New GM 3.8L Buick V6 Timing Cover Kit and we have a fully ported and blueprinted version

New GM 763 casting Connecting Rods with SPS bolts:
Brand New individually wrapped and boxed in sets of six connecting rods just like what came in these turbo engines from the factory. At this price it does not even make sense to recondition the old used rods that came out of the engine. Brand New 3.8L Turbo Buick GM Connecting Rods

Any chance you might offer the rebuilt smallblocks you had last season any time in the future ?

We are considerring offering a new shortblock assembly. It would be forged crank, rods, and pistons. It could be stock or 3.625 stroke. Would that interest you? If so I can price one for you with a girdle or a couple caps and studs. Let me know.

Thanks,

I dropped off my parts with Bryan yesterday. Very nice person to deal with and I am happy to have him complete some work I am having done. I saw one of the 109 blocks he has for sale and I'm telling you guys you will not find a better starting point for a good 109 build these days. I have had 2 other sg1 blocks in the past and they look better then any block I have seen come from a car. These are new! If anyone has questions I would talk to Bryan. I do not normally promote anyone special, but he has been one of the easiest builders to deal with.

I have been real busy today so I will have shortblock pricing later today or tomorrow. I will post a reply for you to see it.

Thanks for your interest.

The stage one block is closer to a production block than a stage 2. They are a different casting with the biggest difference and advantage in the deck having material for 14 head bolt locations. They also unfortunately had an uncommon problem with the thickness of the #5 cylinder getting to thin in many cases to hold up to significant cylinder pressure. The stage 2 blocks of coarse had the 14 bolt head flange but are much different than the production blocks and require more specialized parts to work in a GN.
I hope that helps.

Hey Bryan, I called yesterday about a price for a shortblock. If you have any info on that yet please lemme know.

I am still working on those packages. I will get it to you ASAP. I am staying late tonight to finish.
Thanks,

The stage one block is closer to a production block than a stage 2. They are a different casting with the biggest difference and advantage in the deck having material for 14 head bolt locations. They also unfortunately had an uncommon problem with the thickness of the #5 cylinder getting to thin in many cases to hold up to significant cylinder pressure. The stage 2 blocks of coarse had the 14 bolt head flange but are much different than the production blocks and require more specialized parts to work in a GN.
I hope that helps.

The one you're offering is a stage 1, right? And I have heard the stage 1 and 2 are both the same block, they were just drilled different like the 14 holes for the head. Is that right? Which one had the problem with the #5 thickness? When you say the stage 1 is closer to the production block, what do you mean? Cant the stage 1 and 2 stand up to a tremendous amount of power, and both be able to be bored out quite a bit?

Ive got another question real fast. I saw that you were offering a 4.1 block in another thread, the 291 I believe. Is that block superior to the stage 1 block you are selling besides being a little bigger? Can the stage 1 be bored out to the size of the 4.1? Or can one or the other be bored out farther than the other? Sorry, just have a lot of questions. :)

I just researched blocks on gnttype.org, and figured out what the sg1 was. It was just the same block, just made after the fact for replacement purposes. I thought it was a "stage 1" block.

Im still curious about this block compared to the 4.1 you have listed in another thread. The numbers were 291 I think?

The SG1 is basically just a GM replacement block for the 1986-1987 3.8 rear drive cars. It is basically the same as what came in the 86-87 turbo cars and therefore has no strength benefit other than the fact that it is new a never been stressed. The 4.1 block you saw listed is a GM production block with a big bore that came in some big cars. The casting is different than the 109 and the 4.1 has siamesed bores.