Brakes

BoostKing

The brakes on my GN work well, but intermittently I will lose the power assist and end up almost braking the pedel trying to stop. The powermaster ( i believe that is what it is called, the motor thing under the resivoir) was replaced not long ago. are there any connections that are known to be faulty which i should check? what should i do? Also the Brake Light comes on when the system is acting up, and gos off when it is working right.

Ty in advance, John

Intermittent Problem

I have the same problem....driving along the brake light goes on and I have hard pedal. So I changed the accumulator and had the old one tested. It tested fine so I now changed the switch. I understand it also could be air in the system or I was thinking an electrical problem with the pump. But so far, so good. Let me know if you figure it out.

Kick the powermaster to the goddam curb and get a Monte vacuum setup. I have and haven't regretted it one bit.

Kick the powermaster to the goddam curb and get a Monte vacuum setup. I have and haven't regretted it one bit.
I couldn't agree with you more. And I understand it is a direct bolt-on. In fact there are more changes I would like to make. However, I'm trying to keep the car stock. So it is a challenge and any comments as to how to handle this intermittent problem will be appreciated.

my motor is acting up and is doing the same thing, start car, tap on motor with butt of screwdriver and motor kicks on, light goes out...go down road and light comes on and hard pedel. getting sick of it real quick.

wouldnt be so bad if i could find parts at good price

Vacuum FTW

Go Vacuum and never look back!!!! Just had mine converted and only wish I did it sooner.