Brakes to floor every now and then??????

cgamino

98% of time stock brakes are fine. Once in a while they go to floor. If I pump them they come back, but scares the crap out of me. Any idea what this could be or a way to fix it?????

thanks tgamino@yahoo.com

I dont know a lot about the setup on these, mine has vacuum conversion, but sounds like a bad master cylinder.

24 year old powermaster. The o-rings inside it tend to breakdown and then the brakes no longer work.

Worse is how it works "every once and a while" tricking one into thinking "well that was wierd, all seems ok now".....then you get up close and personal with your garage door or a neighbors fruitless mulbery tree.

There is a rebuild kit for the powermaster, or you can take it out and put it away and install vacuum brakes.

Almost everyone here has a story about when the powermaster let go. I made it 3/4 of the way into the yard of the house at the end of my street. Similar to the other three TR's I have had.

There is never a time when its ok to have 98% and brakes in the same sentence!!!!! :eek: My car sat in the garage for three years cause of bad brakes :mad: Convert to something!!! My pick was hydroboost!!!