Brake situation problem

Neckbrkr

My master cylinder on my 86 gn just went out and I wanted to know what's the best thing to do

Indeed. Describe what you are experiencing. With a powermaster, what you think the problem is could be entirely different. :)

It makes a pumping noise when I opened the switch Where can I get a new or rebuilt master cylinder. Thx

OR you can save yourself a TON of money and go this route http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...els/257353-vacuum-brake-conversion-costs.html and you will never have to deal with switches, motors, accumulator balls ever again and you will actually have brakes if your car happens to die... ;)

I went this route Years ago and even to this day going to the BAER disc brake set up I didn't have to change a thing for the BAER brakes! My brakes today are the best that I have ever felt on any Buick!

Scot W.

I have hydroboost and whoa nelly, don't turn the car off until you are stopped... Vacuum is the cheapest upgrade, hydroboost is more complicated and expensive, and a reman powermaster is even more expensive. For the vacuum or hydroboost upgrades, do not get reman stuff, get 100% new. Cardone remans are junk, they are not rebuilt, they all leak, from my experience. I bought a hydroboost for a 84/85 Grand National and bought a '81 Caddy Eldorado master for it new Fenco. Problem solved. Can't go wrong with vacuum conversion either unless you drag race without a trans brake.