Brake release mechanism

iwantatta

My brake release mechanism has broken and was wondering how to get it out or how to fix it. Sucks cause i was at the gas station when it snapped. Pulled it out and the handle came out with the wire. Couldn't drive it until i figured out how to release it. I put my hand underneath the dash and felt something and luckily it released it. Not sure how i did it, but don't want it to happen again.

I'm guessing it should be ok to leave it in park as long as i'm not on a hill?

Tried searching and didn't find much info. Help please

you just need a new handle with cable, if you look under the dash you will see a yellow piece of plastic about the dia of a marble that has a hole in it. That yellow piece guides the cable, the end of the cable is what broke on yours. I will send you a good used one for 15 shipped. 5 minute job to install the new one. let me know
Greg

you just need a new handle with cable, if you look under the dash you will see a yellow piece of plastic about the dia of a marble that has a hole in it. That yellow piece guides the cable, the end of the cable is what broke on yours. I will send you a good used one for 15 shipped. 5 minute job to install the new one. let me know
Greg

Cool! I'll take it. Do you take paypal?

shipped monday, went out usps first class mail so give it 5-7 days.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you remove the old one. Doesn't seem to really remove from the front. Is there some release mechanism on the backside of the dash? Not a whole lot of room back there. Once i get the part hopefully it will be more clear.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you remove the old one. Doesn't seem to really remove from the front. Is there some release mechanism on the backside of the dash? Not a whole lot of room back there. Once i get the part hopefully it will be more clear.

real easy, since your cable is broke it is even easier. It snaps in to the dash from the front, but you will have to squeeze the plastic spring tabs from the back to release it from the dash. I snaps in like the throttle cable snaps into the throttle cable bracket. You will figure it out once you see the new handle, its easy and no special tools required.