Brake question - speed bleeders

Whtlightning

Went to bleed the brakes this morning and noticed the bleeder screw was rounded on the right rear passenger side. I figure I might as well replace them all with speed (adjustable) bleeders. Has anyone tried these on our cars? Also, since we have the 1LE brake package do I need special bleeders screws for the front or will the typical 89 Trans Am heavy duty ones at AutoZone suffice for all four?

Thanks,
Justin
TTA#301

Not that anyone appears to care. But I got some speed bleeder screws from speedbleeder.com. They make changing your blake fluid a snap. No more calling the wife out to pump the brakes as you twist back ad forth.

If you're interested the size for our cars is 1010S.

An interesting item....Never heard of it before your post....Let us know how it works for you :)

I don't think it's a matter of not being interested.... I looked at these for my Vette years ago. I recall them showing up first for those cars. They were made by Russell (the stainless hose/aircraft fittings company). They definitely looked attractive from the bleeding perspective but I was concerned they would leak. Also, you can buy a Mity-Vac unit to bleed for brakes for less than $30 (the plastic one, not the metal one), so that was another (better?) option for me because you could obviously use it on any car.

Whtlightning said:
Not that anyone appears to care. But I got some speed bleeder screws from speedbleeder.com. They make changing your blake fluid a snap. No more calling the wife out to pump the brakes as you twist back ad forth.

If you're interested the size for our cars is 1010S.

interesting - thanks for the info!

I've just the speedbleeders for about a year with no problem makes fluid change a piece of cake. They would not leak as you tighten them down as you do with the normal bleeder screws. I got mine from the "help" section at Autozone or Kragen ....

Looked at the stainless ones (speedbleeder.com) and might get them instead at some point as they look better ;)

By the way are the rears the same size as the front ones? I just got 2 for my front brakes to try them out but never got any for my rears....

Hi guys,
For those that don't know, speed bleeders are bleed screws with a check valve in them, darn good idea and seem to work well. Also,one of the most neglected fluids is brake stuff. It NEVER gets changed,unless a failure occurs, yet is hydroscopic, so it sucks up water and other things like a sponge.Drain all that nasty old stuff....