Brake lines

boost'N87

Are they one solid line? and how hard are they to replace? what about the fuel lines?...my Gn came from Ohio., So i wanna replace all that stuff, ALSO, are they stainless steel stock????,,....thanks

There are 5 solid lines, I think. And 3 flexible lines.

The hardest one to replace would be the line that runs down the drivers side, and goes from the Prop. valve to the rear. I was able to swap it out, but it did take me about 45 min. to do it. The others are fairly easy. The factory lines are made of a mild steel. S/S replacements are available from:

www.classictube.com
www.inlinetube.com

I have no experience with Inline Tube, but I did order my lines from Classic Tube, and am using them again for the other lines I have to replace.

If you wanna replace the soft flexible lines, I suggest the S/S ones from Russell

http://store.summitracing.com/defau...=bysummitpart&searchtype=both&part=rus-692100

Hope this helps.

Ryan

I called Summit and they did not know if those brake line will fit on the Buick Gn.They told me to call Russell and they didn't know either.Something about the brake system we use.Anyone have these on their buick.I don't feel like trusting 17 year old rubber lines.I do want the new ss lines.
thanks
Mike

From the Prop. Valve OUT to the brake calipers/wheel cylinder, they are the EXACT SAME as any other G-body.

From the brake pedal to the Power Master, YES they are different.

I got the same 'I don't know' from Summit when I asked about them fitting my Cutlass.

Trust me, the Russell S/S braided lines WILL WORK.

Ryan