Brake light on after vacuum conversion

joey316g

Too many cars.
Anyone have a way to turn this baby out like maybe a resistor in the pressure switch plug or something like that?

lol, the exact same post at the exact same time. I'm gonna buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

What? The brake light on is from lack of pressure in the brake system itself. The light should not be on just from changing the system to vacuum. Probably needs a bleed job.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Mine came on on some 1/8 mile runs down track. I have no idea...it seems that if boost was pushing thru that hard into brake booster that itd show more often. My chek valve is fine..to the breath test anyway...maybe not with 18psi, ill admit. I guess i should jig up a manometer and test it at 18 psi.

Mine came on on some 1/8 mile runs down track. I have no idea...it seems that if boost was pushing thru that hard into brake booster that itd show more often. My chek valve is fine..to the breath test anyway...maybe not with 18psi, ill admit. I guess i should jig up a manometer and test it at 18 psi.

Yep. I run 30psi at times and have never had a brake light come on unless right off the line lock, as it should until pumped up again. I use two checkvalves. These are your brakes we're talking about after all.

with vac conversion the only way for the brake light to come on in the dash is from the
switch on prop valve or the parking brake pedal switch

the fuse to powermaster has nothing to do with it

for prop to activate the light the brake hydraulic system is out of balance from front to rear..
did you bench bleed the master cylinderbefore connecting ?
bleed the brake system
you may also have a bad master cylinder that is only pressurizing one side of the prop (front or rear)
or a leak in the fitting ...it doesnt take much of a leak

parking brake is depressed or the wire to the park brake switch is grounded

I should have said...Im talking about rear brake lights. Now im not sure what everyone else means.

for brake lights push the white switch mounted above the brake pedal toward the pedal so that the body of the switch contacts the pedal and the pedal keeps the switch plunger held in

the booster has a check valve but its not a bad idea to install a second inline check valve especially if you run more than stock boost