Brake light loose:

Tom R

87FastBlack
I just bought a '86 T-type and noticed that the passenger side brake light assembly is loose. I'm not a body & fender guy so I might not be using the right lingo. The red plastic housing that contains the brake and taillights is loose on the right side. I have no idea how to secure it or know what I'm looking for to know whether or not something broke off so it cannot be secured. I'm guessing I access it through the trunk but what should I be looking for? Anybody help with a pic demonstration?

Open the trunk there are plastic wingnuts in there that hold on the taillights

David

More surprises? :confused:
Not really. I bought this car from 97ramsst on this board. He has a good rep and he was honest with me. He preferred that I fly in drive down to look at the car before buying. I don't know if he knew about this or not. It might have come loose during shipping. The lights still work. I'm just hoping it's a wing nut like David explained. If not, a repacement can't be that expensive.

Open the trunk there are plastic wingnuts in there that hold on the taillights

David
100% correct David. Apparently after the so-so paintjob, somebody forgot to put the wingnuts back on after putting the the assembly back into its proper place. Thanks.