Brake light after ecu install...accumulator?! wtf?

nighthawk355x

Disciple of speed
Semi-noob question. Just wanted some opinions here, my T ran and stopped perfect, then the ecu went. I replaced it, after the car sat for a week waiting on the backordered unit, and now I've got the brake light on constant and I think the motor for the brakes is going constant.

I know it's likely the accumulator, but wanted to double check since it just happened to be after the ecu. Is there a fuse that could have tripped or something? Or am I just doomed to buy an accumulator?

How long should that motor run for? I heard 10 seconds or so? It seems like it's constant now whenever the keys on or the car's running.

It's pure coincidence that the P/M started giving you trouble when you replaced your ecu. To my knowledge, they aren't connected. No, the motor should not be running constantly. 10 seconds is fine, 20 seconds is the limit.

Here's a simple thing to do - pump the pedal with the key off until your pedal is firm. Be sure your fluid level is correct before you do this...unless you already know. Take off the bowl cover and turn on the key. If the fluid level on the p/s (left side) of the bowl is not going down, then either the pump has lost it's prime or you are bypassing fluid.

If you are bypassing fluid, you will see fluid returning into the bowl from the rear port in that same side of the bowl.

If that is not happening, you pump has most likely lost it's prime. Crack loose one of the fittings on the hose and see if you get a drop of fluid out. If not, turn on the key momentairly to get the fluid going and quickly tighten the fitting. It's a cheap trick but it works.....as long as the pump blades arent worn out from running soo much.

If you get it going, check your diagnostics to determine it's health. It may have just had a hiccup, but it could have problems.

HTH,
Z