Brake Fuse Blowing

jj86gn

Can anyone tell me why my brake fuse keep blowing?? I fixed the other problems now I have this little scourge!!!!

Turn the key and the fuse goes. Install another fuse, start the car again and bingo, another fuse goes.

Need help before I shoot this car with a .45 ACP Federal Hydrashock!!!!

30amp fuse right??? Same thing happened to me 2 yrs ago....the motor below the master was shorting itself. I just threw in a new powermaster w/ the lifetime warranty and called it a day.

it could also be the switch on top of the powermaster. that happened to me a few years ago. i replaced it and then the motor went. i switched to vacuum and my problems are over for good.:D

Think I fixed the problem. When I had a new rear brake line put in, the connector for the motor was not snug. Pulled it out, cleaned it, and then re-installed. Guess What?!?!

It works now!!

Small and simple problems really test my sanity!!

WTF, Fuse Blew again!!!!!!

OK, now I'm pissed. Had the GN out last night with the AC on, and the Fuse Blew again. :mad:

I know that the powermaster is somehow connected to the AC electrical connections, but why would running the AC on Max cause the 30 Amp fuse to blow???? I rechecked all electrical connections, snug!

Is this system really worth the hassle, or do I just give up and convert to vacuum. Will this "de-value" the GN? :confused:

Losing grip on sanity real fast with the powermonster!!!:eek:

Been giving it serious consideration.

New accumulator and pressure switch so I can rule those out.

Can't understand how the AC being on can f**k with the powermonster causing the fuse to blow????????

I used to have this problem and I changed the switch down on the pedal and the problem went away.....good luck

Originally posted by jj86gn
Been giving it serious consideration.

New accumulator and pressure switch so I can rule those out.

Can't understand how the AC being on can f**k with the powermonster causing the fuse to blow????????

HOW DOES A POSI TRAC ON A PLYMOUTH WORK???

IT JUST DOES!!!

this happened to my buddy neil here in KC.-

his problem went away when he removed the silver slow blow fuse mounted on the power master under the hood????:confused:

i think his was mounted inline with the power to the powermaster there where it plugs into the electrical motor???

HTH

PS its lasted 6 months now, no complaints