brake conversion ????

I pulled the MC off of an 83 regal and I actually had to put in a check valve. Without the check valve the pedal kept going to the floor. Once the check valve was in place the pedal was pretty firm.

Let us know how your conversion turns out.

thanks for the help. went and got a check valve, now the car can stop again. seems like the vacuum brakes stop alot better than the powermaster did.

Can you post a picture of this check valve and where it installs? I'm gonna do a vacuum conversion when I return from my deployment I just bought the kit for it but I need to kno where to get the vacuum from so if you have a picture of the check valve or a part number that would be awesome

I did vaccum conversion. I purchased a new master cylinder for a regal, went to junk yard and got brake pedal from regal and installed. The new vaccum master cylinder came with check valve, my brakes work well, I'm going to install a second check valve to give me some more assurance. I installed the aftermarket vaccum block to gain the extra port for the brakes. I'll install the second check valve in-line with the hose off the block.
Good luck, I really like my vaccum brakes, work as good as any other "regular" car.
Just a bit tough to hold brakes at drag strip, not sure that is a vaccum thing though, it is likely a "30 year old" brakes thing :)

Joel

Just an FYI on the vacuum brake booster. The check valve is the part that sits directly on the Brake booster not the part that is in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an FYI on the vacuum brake booster. The check valve is the part that sits directly on the Brake booster not the part that is in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the check valve is the 90* fitting stuck in the grommet of the brake booster.
image.jpeg

It seems that an additional one inline that's good for 30lbs boost is a good idea as I'm not sure how much boost the one in the brake booster will take.