brake accumulator

atc

my 86 gn brake accumulator went out coming home in a hard rain storm. little suprising of no brakes, hard pedal. i didn't realize this bulb is not sold at your regular parts store. i happen to find this site, and discovered i am not the only one with a issue of the powermaster brake system. any thoughts on finding a new or used accumulator? can someone explain why gm created this different system/ or how it works compared to a regular vaccum system? and last question what does a vaccum conversion cost and how do you like? sorry for the long message. just trying to decided what to do with the brake system. i have 136,000 on the car, drive it 2 or 3 times a week to work. any thoughts are welcome.

For a replacement accumulator bowl/bulb, see Brian's GBodyParts on-line catalogue or drop him an E-mail or PM, or, see Dennis Kirban's Kirban Performance on-line catalogue, & for a complete vacuum brake set-up, see Red Regal T, also on this board. Doing a search under "powermaster" will bring up a lot of info on the basic brake system. HTH