Braided Trans Line Routing Ideas

Royal-T-Ltd

I've searched and saw Mark's lines... just wanted to see all the options out there, what are you guys doing? I'm assuming there are not too many ways to do it and running through the frame seems to make the most sense. Anybody have an actual measurement on feet of hose needed?
Thanks in advance... I really want to do this and get back driving.... soon [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have done this on mine. I routed up and over exhaust and then running up along bottom edge of inner fender liner and over to trans hookups. It's a good couple inches from wrapped downpipe and my trans temps are gold. I'll try to get a couple pics tonight. I want to say I got a 10' section of hose and had extra leftover.

I have done this on mine. I routed up and over exhaust and then running up along bottom edge of inner fender liner and over to trans hookups. It's a good couple inches from wrapped downpipe and my trans temps are gold. I'll try to get a couple pics tonight. I want to say I got a 10' section of hose and had extra leftover.
Thanks I would appreciate any photos.... just trying to decide what I want to do - aaron

I searched thru the pics I had at work and you can see them in the side of this shot. I can get more centrally focused pics tonight but this gives you an idea.

Attachments

• 102_1020.JPG
    102_1020.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 170
I searched thru the pics I had at work and you can see them in the side of this shot. I can get more centrally focused pics tonight but this gives you an idea.

Ok gotcha... yeah that helps [emoji1417]

Having no AC can open up some alternatives. I'm using the oil cooler for the trans cooler in these pics fwiw, the lines are 8an. Yeah, yeah, engine bay needs some cleaning...

IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

Here's some better ones.

Attachments

• IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
Thanks for the pics guys! They look great, I appreciate it... my trans fittings finally came in today so I will probably start on it tomorrow... -aaron

I shoot them straight through where the starter is, over the crossover along oil pan area and straight out the front of the engine. I never liked going over the down pipe.

Correct me if I am wrong but looks like you have the lines clamped to your upper control arm???? Not a good solution!

Still think my routing is one of the best ways to go. Out of trans towards back of the car to crossmember and then back along frame rail and thru a hole in the frame and out another hole in the frame near the front.

I used 2 10ft pieces of nitrous line from jegs, Russel I believe so they already had -6 ends. I also used some adapters to convert the trans to AN.

IMG_6229.JPG

IMG_6241.JPG

IMG_6242.JPG

IMG_6331.JPG

I taped the ends and fed then front to rear. I also marked them so I knew what was in/out so I could put them in the right spot on the cooler (I actually forget how I did it, but its on the internet somewhere). I also cut some rubber hose and stuck that around the braided hose to cut down on abrasion against the frame metal contact points and zip tied where I could. It doesn't touch the exhaust either, it goes over it nicely.

Russell 658560, looks like its $67 a piece, so couple bucks there, then a trans cooler that has the builtin -6 male adapters, then I believe it is straight thread (not tapered) into the case like mark says, then to -6 90 a -6 coupler to the trans lines. I used liquid thread sealer on my case adapters and ran them all the way down till the head hit the case, no leaks.

The install for this was pretty easy compared to most things. I had the radiator and engine out to make life easier.

I went to the hydraulic shop and bought some rubber push lock hose and fittings like 10 years ago on my dads WE4
What is nice is all you need is the 4 fittings, slip the hose through the frame, and slip the hose onto the ends of the fittings and your done. I went ahead and put anti chafe sheath around the hoses.

It was so much easier going to flexible hoses, much easier than bending lines and flaring them!