BQ Tranny with B&M Transpak

cwmccray

Undercover TURBO Brother
I have a low mileage (38000) BQ with a B&M Transpak in it. It came with a D6 Convertor. I have read all the previous post about B&M kits shifting hard all the time. I have also heard about the spacers used in the kit. I was planning to swap D6 for a D5 Convertor, 694 servo/cover or a billet servo and a .500 boost valve. With these changes, will this tranny shift even HARDER.... I may not need the .500 boost valve. The B&M kit replaces valve and pressure spring. However, would replacing the BQ servo and cover with a 694 servo/cover or a billet servo make it shift Harder? This is a spare tranny I have in a 85 GN I bought not running

I had a 86 SS Monte with a sbc 400 and the B&M Transpak with 3.73s. It really barked 2nd and chirped 3rd. Fourth was pretty firm. This was a CQ tranny with a D5 convertor and 20000gvw cooler.

I would put in the .500 boost valve and the larger rev boost valve. I would do the 694 servo. This gets you the pressure and clamping force in the clutches and band. I would make the accumulators work instead of blocking them off. This would lessen the harshness of the shifts. I would leave the line bias active with a spring and not block it. Pressure clamps and there are built in ways to not have the thing shift harshly, but many kits defeat the ways that make it smooth. A new vb plate might be in order if previously holes were drilled larger.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited: