BPG Norwalk Test/Tune! What a day!

VETKILR

Staff member
Hey Everyone,

Great time today, just over 30 cars including fellow BPG members: Al Kuehn, Randy Kolasinski, Bruce Hunter, Paul Pirnat , Sonny Seal, John Schmidt, Steve Schlater, Rick and Mel, Mike Gilbert who unfortunately torched his motor bearing noise?), Denny/Renee Moore, Steve and Leanne Gray , and John Zerucha. Special thanks to Brian Earick of Earick Racing Engines for coming as well, ill post more tonight i have to go to work.Keith Falkowski, also another BPG member, running high 11s in his gnx clone. Et wise, John Zerucha and Paul Pirnat put on a helluva show running 9.60s though they were wanting to go faster (good wheelstand shot of Pauls car definitely will make cover of Build Sheet!:beer ) Randy Kolasinski (OUTRAGEOUS) ran i believe 10.87 3x, talk about being on the money. Denny/Renne Moore i saw run 12.0s in the humidity was awesome. John Schmidt (OPEL) ran 8.03 best pass i think. Scott Simpson i think ran 10.93 best pass. Ron Luman's 7 sec car was going to be here today but unfortunately road to house was under construction. Steve Schlater ran some strong 12 second runs. Numerous turbo cars there running anything from low 11s all the way to 13.80s. Steve and Leanne Gray turned in some good times as well ( not sure exactly) in their stage one hard top and the beautiful roadster (what a sweet ride!) Al Kuehn congratulations on part of Earick Racing Engines (THANKS A LOT TO BRIAN AND HIS FELLOW ENGINE BUILDER GREG? sorry if im wrong name) for racing his 455 67 Buick Special to a best et of 11.92 on his first runs on the new motor. Too bad for Mike Gilbert whose motor went south, hopefully he will get back up and running. Shawn Stemple, whom you may know has a 69 GS 400 with 455 car ran awesome 12.40s today.
John Schmidts mechanic, ran some low 11s in Johns gn and Johns friend with the dragster ran some low 8 second passes. I also had a 69 ram air firebird , owner pat ran 12.50s (future F.A.S.T car) and Brian cant remember that last name frequents the buick board ran some 10.0s in his chevy II and a buick invicta i believe, with a turbo drivetrain running high 11.80s. Also Raven the famous story teller on turbobuick.com was there, super nice guy! Randy Greenoe thanks for coming as well a pleasure talking to you , hope to see Luman 's car out next year!!Had a few call off ( were two 10 sec turbo cars and an 11sec tr) and a pro stock style camaro running 6.80s but everything went well. For sure next year we will make it closer to August race at Quaker City, sort of a tune up event for the big event. I will have someone collecting money at the gate with change to break and also will have someone marking shoe polish on cars and get et slips out to everyone (I apologize to all for the problems today with the printer and also my haphazardly way of organizing time slips. Next year i will have someone marking car #s on the slips so we have no lost or mixed up time slips!) Also had some other gns running mid/low 12s, a few 13 second cars and a 12 second tta and talon. Had a good showing almost 40 cars and we are really happy about it. Thanks to Steve Schlater and Scott Simpson for running the tree when i was taking a break; John Schmidt for helping me organize the race and Bob Powers of Norwalk Raceway for helping address problems as quickly as he could and also by being by our side whenever we needed him. Truly a great guy!!:TU: Also Bruce Hunter for helping me out stage the cars up and run the waterbox, we trully do have great members here for the BPG! Great show today ladies and gentlemen, hope to see you next year, look for news on here and turbobuick.com, i will try and lock up another July date, maybe early June if possible. I will let you know!! Thanks again to all involved: Earick Racing Engines (Brian Earick), John Schmidt, and Rick Martinez for giving free publicity in the Build Sheet , Rick i owe you one!

Take Care to everyone and see you soon!

Excellent job Tony!

Outstanding event Tony and my wife and I really enjoyed the day, especially meeting all the great people too numerous to mention. Norwalk is a first class facility and they treated us very well.

We truly appreciated all your hard work as well as the efforts of all the other people who worked out front or behind the scenes to make it happen. I had a personal best 60' of 1.85 having not been to the strip in almost two years and my car's low ET of the day was a 13.33 at 101 - not bad for a near stock in the heat with a badly cracked driver's side header (soon to be replaced).

Thank you again.

Kudos!

Had a great time Tony! Sure, there are some things that could have gone smoother, but with such a high ratio of actual racers vs. total attendence...you were lucky to get the help you did!

I thought the track was hooking pretty well despite all the cigarette filters that were being consumed by the VHT in the first sixty-foot! :D Kinda surprised that my 10.93 held up as the quickest 109 block car there.:rolleyes:

Good thing that Pirnat had those wheelie bars, otherwise that car would have flipped over!:eek:

Scott 231

You had the TSM car right (numbered something like #2088 or close to that?)? That is a strong car! I was in the starter area next to Tony when you staged and then ran that 10.93 and it was definitely a wicked launch and ride.

Nice job on the car.

Yeppers, that was me - TSM 2088.

Been working on the car since '93. I finally have it running like I have always wanted (a 10-second car), but TSM will keep me "pushing it" for the next few years at a minimum.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Anybody got some vids from the event? Please share if you do and post them for the rest of us to see:) :cool:

Pics

Although I didn't get any video -- battery on camera died to fast -- I did get a bunch of pictures of most of the cars that were there. I threw them on a website last night and you can feel free to check them out.

Tony....again.....Thanks doing all that you did. It was a great way to blow a day off work for some people and for others it was just an excuse to get out and run their cars.

At least it wasn't 115 like last year, but it sure did feel like it!

For Pictures

Re: Pics

Originally posted by ReneeM
Although I didn't get any video -- battery on camera died to fast -- I did get a bunch of pictures of most of the cars that were there. I threw them on a website last night and you can feel free to check them out.

Tony....again.....Thanks doing all that you did. It was a great way to blow a day off work for some people and for others it was just an excuse to get out and run their cars.

At least it was 115 like last year, but it sure did feel like it!

For Pictures

Cool pics!

Thanks for sharing:cool:

Hehe, last picture at the bottom left - that guy looks exactly like Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols!:D

Thanks for the pictures Renee greatly appreciated, good luck when you get the new cam in. Car looks great and runs awesome 2!