BPG Event cage/roll bar NHRA rules STRICTLY enforced!

It would of been nice after our last set of e-mails if you could of told me you were going to post this.

As far a Safety in concerened we have had this discussion and have agreed to disagree....thanks for you comments and hope that you still stop by and say hello....:)

where do you see a threat......

guess im retarded. sounded like to me you arent happy this topic was posted for discussion here. oh and the nice smile face at the end of your last comment to him about still stopping by.

guess im retarded. sounded like to me you arent happy this topic was posted for discussion here. oh and the nice smile face at the end of your last comment to him about still stopping by.

he had asked me to post about the Safety Issue and I did on the BPG website....I was a little suprised that after we had talked that he did not PM me to the fact he was making a post on this website so that the approriate people could address the issue...because those people hardly ever visit here...nothing more nothing less..... and the coment I made for him to stop by was genuine and the smiley face was just that a smiley face.....other wise I could of used :rolleyes: or :rolleyes: but I did not... It woulb pretty stupid for the Chairman of the Buick Performance Group who is trying to increase membership to go around threatening people....

he had asked me to post about the Safety Issue and I did on the BPG website....I was a little suprised that after we had talked that he did not PM me to the fact he was making a post on this website so that the approriate people could address the issue...because those people hardly ever visit here...nothing more nothing less..... and the coment I made for him to stop by was genuine and the smiley face was just that a smiley face.....other wise I could of used :rolleyes: or :rolleyes: but I did not... It woulb pretty stupid for the Chairman of the Buick Performance Group who is trying to increase membership to go around threatening people....

Sean and I have talked on the phone and there is no hard feelings about anything. Like I said before he is a good guy. We will still come up and enjoy the race but the cars will have to stay at home.

So does a T Top car require a bar or a cage? Not sure where it fits in the rules.
The last NHRA rule book I had said NHRA considers a T-top car a full-roof car if the T-tops are installed and a convertable if the T-tops are removed.

DIAPER's WHAWHA

Well, I'm sitting here at Milan and believe or not I was NOT allowed to run Outlaw drag radial since my car did not have an engine diaper. Now this is a Milan rule for that class and I was still allowed to make some test passes but I was not allowed to race the class. I would like to get the whole issue sorted out before hand and before we have a bunch of heads up racers tow to NTR and find out they are not allowed to run:eek:

For anyone who cares, no the car isn't running well for some reason it hates me today. I have one more pass before we head out. Very cool race BTW.

Diapers

Are there any options for us that still have the crossover pipe? I would think that having a diaper and a crossover pipe would cause an oil fire if something did go wrong:confused:

Nick, how is the progress going with you coming out with a "diaper" for the our cars? Billy T.

I disliked the idea of a diaper when I first heard of them. Even sold my big 4 bolt turbo so I could be competitive at low 10's without this difficult addition.:mad:

When the 2009 NHRA rules incorporated new spec for a "belly pan", we looked into doing this for Turbo Buicks.:eek:

After a few tries, we have a belly pan that meets the approval of local NHRA reps, is relatively inexpensive, very easy to install and remove.

Even some of the big-block racers that are discouraged with all the trouble and expense of their diaper are following our lead by changing to a belly pan.:)

Just the thought of bundling a heavy, fireproof, difficult to R&R, expensive POS that may only last a season, makes the diaper repulsive to me. Not to mention, I do race for fun, and an engine diaper on my car would be NO fun.;)

Belly Pan

Go to Davis Race Cars and look under new products for a molded belly pan. Costs around $200 plus shipping. Works great on my tube frame car and you can probably put tabs on to lace the straps through on a stock frame. Also I am told that a belly pan is better for the air under the car.

If you would have seen Mr. Sullivans accident there you would not wonder why...

My personal experience was this: They looked at nothing but the seat belts, they never checked my license or cage cert. They never checked my helmet cert, however there was people that did check to see if I was wearing my helmet, neck brace, gloves before I made a pass.

As far as Mr. Sullivans accident, not sure what more they could tech without knowing how fast the car can go first. I do know that when a car shows up with full cages, window nets, chutes ect. they can assume it's faster than 145 MPH in the 1/4, but I heard Mr. Sullivans misfortune was because a powermaster system decided to quit at the wrong time, no amount of tech could have prevented that.

In a nutshell, I have been told many times "Don't show up unless you are legal". I have been checked more at a test and tune up here local than at any Buick event, including National Trail....... Show up and have fun. I'll bet you will get through....

I will be there and Im completely legal!!! Anyboby want to grudge race???
Mike:cool:

My personal experience was this: They looked at nothing but the seat belts, they never checked my license or cage cert. They never checked my helmet cert, however there was people that did check to see if I was wearing my helmet, neck brace, gloves before I made a pass.

As far as Mr. Sullivans accident, not sure what more they could tech without knowing how fast the car can go first. I do know that when a car shows up with full cages, window nets, chutes ect. they can assume it's faster than 145 MPH in the 1/4, but I heard Mr. Sullivans misfortune was because a powermaster system decided to quit at the wrong time, no amount of tech could have prevented that.

In a nutshell, I have been told many times "Don't show up unless you are legal". I have been checked more at a test and tune up here local than at any Buick event, including National Trail....... Show up and have fun. I'll bet you will get through....

My dad had all required safety equipment for the speeds he was running and he survived a high speed crash relatively unscathed. I think Shane's point was that you never know when something bad may happen which is why the track requires you to have the safety equipment for the speeds you go. Not that safety equipment will prevent an accident. :smile:

I know it's not NTR but since I had posted about diapers here in MD I wanted to followup. Went to Capitol Raceway last night and talked to the tech inspector and he confirmed what their website said, diapers only for 7.49 and quicker. So far as he knows that's the policy all over the northeast, and in particular at Cecil Co. since they run a bracket points series at several tracks in the area including Cecil and Capitol and all follow the same rules.

Count me out, been their before at Quaker. BPG wont bend the rules for some of us just trying to have fun and support the Buick community.( NRHA or IRHA ) It's a Buick event.............. The meets are getting smaller and smaller every year since I got involved 10 years ago.

Count me out, been their before at Quaker. BPG wont bend the rules for some of us just trying to have fun and support the Buick community.( NRHA or IRHA ) It's a Buick event.............. The meets are getting smaller and smaller every year since I got involved 10 years ago.

Has nothing to do with the BPG it is the TRACKS RULES....it is theur house we have to play by there rules...

Then have your meets where everyone can play!

as a wise man once said..."good call"

Become Members of the BPG and you can have your say as to where the event is held...We hold our Event where the Members want it...We are non-profit and our Members dictate where we have the event..it is their dues that that make this event possible...

Become Members of the BPG and you can have your say as to where the event is held...We hold our Event where the Members want it...We are non-profit and our Members dictate where we have the event..it is their dues that that make this event possible...
LOL