BPG Event cage/roll bar NHRA rules STRICTLY enforced!

I just don't understand why there is so much bickering over this roll bar/cage issue. The host track states that NHRA rules must be followed. If NTR wants to enforce the NHRA rules so be it. If you don't like it; either slow down, be a spectator or don't come. Don't come on here and start b!tching about a certain club enforcing the rules.

With the way society is today, if the track lets you race w/o a bar/cage and you wreck, cause great bodily harm to yourself, bet your a$$ you are going to sue the track. Why.....because they let you race w/o proper equipment. So to protect themselves (track), they strictly enforce the rules.

If you want to race your car without a bar/cage then come down to BG. But then again we have some against the GSCA and won't come:rolleyes: Instead they'll bash some other organization.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
+2. Too much bitching about rules that are meant to make it safer for everyone.

I ran into the license issue last night at the local track. They were nice about it. They even allowed me to make more runs after they looked over the car and didn't find anything illegal about it (main thing was the certified cage). The tech guy said to work on getting my license and get a pair of gloves:cool:

update on License...there is a med center down the street that will do physcial for $50...then track will allow you to make the 3 passes quicker than 9.99 and temp certify you for the event...you then submit paperwork to NHRA with payment and get your certs...they wiil allow you to race if you pass the 3 runs and med cert is ok...

update on License...there is a med center down the street that will do physcial for $50...then track will allow you to make the 3 passes quicker than 9.99 and temp certify you for the event...you then submit paperwork to NHRA with payment and get your certs...they wiil allow you to race if you pass the 3 runs and med cert is ok...

I think it is 6 passes:
1-60ft
1-330ft
1-660ft
1-1000ft
2-9.99 or quicker
Then card has to be signed by two nhra licensed drivers. Tim has his license if anybody needs someone to sign come by our trailer.

I think it is 6 passes:
1-60ft
1-330ft
1-660ft
1-1000ft
2-9.99 or quicker
Then card has to be signed by two nhra licensed drivers. Tim has his license if anybody needs someone to sign come by our trailer.

I have mine also and would be happy to sign-off on anyone that needs it!! Please advise me when you plan to make runs as we are supposed to witness
the runs to make sure you are safe and capable driver. Dont ask me to sign your license if I didnt witness any of them. Mike:cool:

Does anyone have the TSM results from last year handy? That should let us know if people ran faster than 9.99 without a license since there are only a couple guys that have it I think.
I saved all the ladder sheets...but they are in a box somewhere:mad:

I think it is 6 passes:
1-60ft
1-330ft
1-660ft
1-1000ft
2-9.99 or quicker

As per the NHRA License application:

1 - Half pass
2-4 - Moderate runs (just keep turning the boost up on each consecutine run :) )
5-6 - Full runs

Every run has to be signed by 2 NHRA Licensed drivers and the Track Manager

http://www.nhra.com/contacts/forms/license_app.pdf

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

for what it is worth,
I did some test and tune at NTR a couple weeks ago. In tech when asked how fast I said mid 9's. The first thing they asked for was my competition license. Then he checked the cage cert. walked around the car and all was good.
What get's me, and I've also been guilty of this is we'll modify our cars to obtain speeds that they were never designed to handle, run them at the track or on the street taking the risk of something going wrong and tearing them up. I"ve seen many turbo regals permantally crease a fender on a hard launch. I"ve set mine on fire once while racing. I've seen one car get loose cross the center and wreck the other. But we don't want to cut up a car cause it's too nice to install proper safty equipment. Point is $hit happens that we have no control over. If you race long enough, it's a matter of when it'll happen not if it'll happen.

Well, the tech ended up being a joke. The tech guy walked up to my car and the only thing he did was put the numbers on it.

Well, the tech ended up being a joke. The tech guy walked up to my car and the only thing he did was put the numbers on it.

That's how it is at every buick event.........if they did any more than that, there wouldn't be any buick events.

Tech was tough, it took a whopping 2-3 minutes for the guy to check my belts, helmet, and touch the cage once. Nice fella, wished me luck and all! :biggrin:

Oh yeah, I was asked to put on gloves after my qualifying pass on Sunday, thanks to Kip and Ed for loaning me the gloves! :cool:

Tech was tough, it took a whopping 2-3 minutes for the guy to check my belts, helmet, and touch the cage once. Nice fella, wished me luck and all! :biggrin:

Oh yeah, I was asked to put on gloves after my qualifying pass on Sunday, thanks to Kip and Ed for loaning me the gloves! :cool:

Good deal! They obviously were paying enough attention if they told you to put gloves on after your pass. Doesnt look like we could have slipped 9, 10 and low 11 second passes by them without being booted for no cage/roll bars.