Boy what a mess

Camfreek

Thanks Rob!!!
Ok I have been working on my 84 WH1. I have a motor that was a spare that I had told you guys about, anyways the block is prepped and I am just waiting on a few parts so I can begin the build. In the mean time I had still not pulled the old motor from my car. It has been locked up for a while now and I got the motor and trans yanked out yesterday. I was told that the car was 100% original and never touched. Well I started taking the motor apart and I found the number 1 piston had a broke ring in 3 spots and the rod bearings were all chewed up. The cam button wore a hole in the timing cover and there is a funny thing hooked on to the cam sproket?? Also it is a 109 block not original:rolleyes: Anyways how can you tell what the stock cam is? Since the two motors have different cams in them. I just wanted a simple low budegt build and both the motors are molested and I am lost:mad:

Are you trying to figure out if the cam is stock? If so measure the total lobe lift with a mic or calipers. Then just multiply it X the rocker ratio. Stock is .401 if I remeber right.