Bowling Green TSO results

HighPSI

Staff member
We ended up with 7 TSO cars competing at Bowling Green this year. Two of the cars were actually TSL cars that jumped up to TSO. I don't have the exact times in front of me, so if I'm off by a couple hundreth's hopefully the racers will correct me.

Friday Qualifying:

1) Don Cruz 8.21
2) Manny Espino 8.31
3) Dave Fiscus 8.46
4) Roy Garcia 8.47
5) Gary Harmon 8.70
6) Gene Cassidy 9.20
7) Willard Brown 9.23

On Saturday qualifying Dave went to #1 with an 8.13 and Manny picked up to an 8.23 The final qualifying ladder was:

1) Dave Fiscus 8.13
2) Don Cruz 8.21
3) Manny Espino 8.23
4) Roy Garcia 8.47
5) Gary Harmon 8.70
6) Gene Cassidy 9.20
7) Willard Brown 9.23

1st Round Eliminations:
Dave Fiscus had a Bye run but was unable to make the call because of an injector problem

Don Cruz vs Willard Brown: Don had a crank sensor go out when they called him to the lanes and was unable to make the call. Willard broke his transmission and didn't make the call

Roy Garcia vs Gary Harmon: I had a feeling this was going to be the race to watch. Gary ran an 8.70 at only 130 mph, so it was obvious he had more in it. Roy had been chasing gremlins all week and he and Laz had been working harder than anyone to get the car ready. Both cars spooled and staged, when the lights came down Roy's car left soft and Gary went on to win with an 8.41

Manny Espino vs Gene Cassidy: Gene was defintly the underdog, but he's been there lots of time and won quite a few races with Rob Earl driving. This turned out to be the case again. Manny did a nice burnout and when the tires bit, the distributor gear broke. Gene had a 9.23 solo pass into the Finals

In the Finals it was Gary Harmon vs Gene Cassidy: Gene had a slight starting line advantage, but Gary out hp'ed him to a winning 8.44 pass.

It should be noted, Gary won TSO with his TSL car. That means he ran an 8.41 & 8.44 with a 76mm turbo. That deserves some recognition.

Congrat's to Gary on the win and Gene for beating me again. Working on the car now and I hope to have it ready for reynolds? Had a pretty good time since I didn't have to work on the car all week for a change. Cal thanks for the tunning the car ran great and went the fastest it's gone yet. Hopefully we can step it up a little for reynolds.

Cal thanks for the tunning the car ran great and went the fastest it's gone yet. Hopefully we can step it up a little for reynolds.

You WILL go faster in Reynolds, if I get my way :D Glad to hear you got her fixed Manny, now get me my B/P sensor :D

Congrats to all,

Way to go Manny & Roy/Laz, I know there were gremlins ya'll were working hard at getting under control before BG. Wish we were there to see ya'll run. You have any vids? We will be at PBIR tomorrow night with some other Buicks T&T'ing.

Regards,
Shev

Don Cruz Side View + 2 more pics

Don Cruz Bowling Green....

Attachments

• GS_NATS_2010_A 340.jpg
    GS_NATS_2010_A 340.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 560
  • GS_NATS_2010_A 433.jpg
    GS_NATS_2010_A 433.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 466
Manny thanks...

As usual, despite of all the hard work, (this time around), we had a great time. GREAT to see and share with old and new friends from our community.
Many thanks to Jesus and Pat for helping us in Miami trying to put BOOOOST together during the last moments (as usual):eek:, Richie, John (The Radius Kid), and JD for helping us swap out the tranny Manny loaned us (THANKS MANNY) when we blew ours up so we could compete on Saturday, on a VERY COLD Friday evening. The new tranny changed the tune on the car to the point we were not able to build enough boost in the stage lone and Gary "blew our doors" out of the gate. A big congrats to Gary.
Most of all, my thanks to my buddy the tireless guru, Laz and Roy Jr. for alltheir constant and tireless hours of work. Without them, our team would not be. Thanks to the Heartlines, Patric Rubio, PTC Converters (wow...are we happy with your piece !) and to all that put their grain of salt in our project. Thanks to those who took a picture of BOOOOST to freeze the wonderfull memories of the time.:wink: The car's in one piece, we're going to try to make some adjustments and we'll see ya'll @ Reynolds...

Manny thanks...

As usual, despite of all the hard work, this time around, we had a great time. GREAT to see and share with old and new friends from our community.
Many thanks to Jesus and Pat for helping us in Miami trying to put BOOOOST together during the last moments (as usual):eek:, Richie, John (The Radious Kid), and JD for helping us swap out the tranny Manny loaned us when we blew ours up so we could compete on Saturday, on a VERY COLD Friday evening. The new tranny changed the tune on the car to the point we were not able to build enough boost in the stage lone and Gary "blew our doors" out of the gate. A big congrats to Gary.
Most of all, my thanks to my buddy the tireless guru, Laz and Roy Jr. for alltheir constant and tireless hours of work. Without them, our team would not be. Thanks to the Heartlines, Patric Rubio, PTC Converters (wow...are we happy with your piece !) and to all that put their grain of salt in our project. Thanks to those who took a picture of BOOOOST to freeze the wonderfull memories of the time.:wink: We'll see ya'll @ Reynolds...

Roy,

Congrats on the 8.4.
I am glad she is coming around.
What is the best MPH on the car now?