bought a survivor

murphinator

Photo0542-1.jpg

1968 olds delta 88 coupe , 455 rocket , 75k miles bought from original owners great grandson

off the road since 1998 , her son (sellers grandfather) sprayed the undercairrage with diesel fuel every year , floors,trunk pan rockers etc.. mint , interior is 100% including carpet ,headliner , dash pad , package shelf ,power locks , windows ,steering, brakes

all chrome is excellent , no body panels need replacing only minor ding type stuff , needs paint resto its got surface rust on the top of the roof and trunk from being sunbaked

fired right up no knocks , no smoke , only mechanical is a soft brake pedal

pretty hard to find a 42 year old original paint car with no rot that needs no trim items :wink:

this thing is a time capsule !

wheels are a bit too large but shows how good the body style can look I think

Photo0547.jpg

car is currently awaiting new wheel cylinders to come in so it can be road worthy and is for sale for $3800 once brakes are completed

.After brakes are fixed it will be registerred so it can be test driven and if it doesnt sell next stop will be for paint ( black,pewter,red, ???) then wheels , price will go up as more time and $$ is invested in it.

current color is a light green metallic

Thought I would throw it on here incase anyone local knew someone looking for an old/cool ride , if that someone paints cars its bonus because thats what it is in real need of.

have trailer will deliver....

Cool car. Try some better pictures.

Awesome car! Def need better pictures. If I weren't in Guantanamo Bay right now I would be paying you a visit!!

hello people; I had friends that had an old delta 88 ragtop. It was a little tired but the complaint was that it liked the gas. I don't think it was a bigblock but what ever it was it was a pig. I like alot of different cars and I do like yours.
goodluck with it
IBBY

i could be intrested if my TT would sell..

I would love to go back to ole school ride. I don't care about speed anymore. Guess I am turning into a poser.

As for OLDSmobiles I have never met a bad built one. owned quite a few. tough as nails.
I remember ramming into snow banks with a buddies 64 442 convert.

hello people; Little six just because you have a fast car does not mean you have to drive fast. I like it cus it's there when you want it. Although I like the old stuff also. With the Buick you get good economy and go power. To bad it's getting so specilized.
IBBY

hello people; Little six just because you have a fast car does not mean you have to drive fast. I like it cus it's there when you want it. Although I like the old stuff also. With the Buick you get good economy and go power. To bad it's getting so specilized.
IBBY

Yeah I know about the economy, I got 26/27 mpg to cape cod 1 year.
Yeah I know these cars do a great job of beating 85% of other cars at the strip.

9 years of TB's and not wanting to get on into the money $$ wheel with it.

Wanting seadoo or waverunner & an old oddball classic car... my taste are changing.

a couple more pics from where it satwhen i bought it , I have been too busy to get fresh pics or touch the car the last few weeks

Photo0541.jpg

Photo0540.jpg

Photo0539.jpg

Photo0538.jpg

Photo0536.jpg

Photo0535.jpg

Photo0534.jpg

Should clean up nice... I know a paint guy that is lookin for a winter project If ya want to have him work on it for you.

I had a 70 Olds Cutlass that had a Rocket 350 high compression engine in it.

Good car, drove it to the junkyard with 175K on it, smoothest running engine I've ever had in a car and I had all V8's excepting one short lived Volvo 4 and the GN and WE4.

That one is big, it will like the gas. :eek::biggrin:

One thing that helps the points and plugs last longer is an add on capacitive discharge IGN system to boost the spark a bit.

Unless they have all electronic add on stuff now for them which they probably do to make them like HEI systems or better one would hope.

ok got it back home today with all new wheel cylinders and new coil springs took a few pics while the sun was still high

Photo0577.jpg

Photo0578.jpg

front pass fender appears to be only non original paint:

Photo0579.jpg

Photo0580.jpg

Photo0581.jpg

Photo0582.jpg

Photo0583.jpg

That thing is sweet id roll in it in a blink. You slap a 2004r in it you may get some high teens or better MPG