BOP adapter plate?..th350 and th400 same bolt pattern???

monte87LS

Hi, I putting a GN motor in my 87 Monte, Im making it mostly a track car but I'l still be driving her to car shows and cruizes...Im using my built th350 trans with my GN motor, I found a BOP adapter plate but I just wanted to make sure it will fit, the member selling it used it for adapting his GN motor up to a th400 trans, doesnt the th350 and th400 have the same bolt pattern, I have the chevy bolt pattern on my th350, I just wanted to make sure before taking my motor and trying to bolt it up, Id hate to be stuck in that situation, any info will help, thanks

Sounds like it will work. To me a better option especially since you're building a track car would be the JW Ultra Bell. It would solve your adapter problem plus give you the flexplate protection required by NHRA tech.

Sounds like it will work. To me a better option especially since you're building a track car would be the JW Ultra Bell. It would solve your adapter problem plus give you the flexplate protection required by NHRA tech.

JW Ultra bell?...what is that?...where do I find it?..how much?...Ive got a few days of searching to do before the project begins so I'd like to research all my options

:eek: ...nahhh I think Im just going to stick to the BOP adapter plate, thats just a little too much me to handle right now in my life..lol..thanks for the info ,now I know about it at least for the future

I'd put the Chevy internals into a BOP case if money is an issue. Very easy if you can find one.
BTW, is your Chevy case a lockup or non-lockup?