Boost86

dsa87gn

Got burned on a deal here by Boost86.

To make a long story short, he advertised a Terry Houston 3" Cat, Stainless, NEW in Box here
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147591

and on the "other board" in the parts for sale under the title "3in cat"

What I got was:
An obviously older painted cat. (not stainless)
Fair amount of carbon buildup inside the pipe.(not new)
And the kicker was it was 18.5" long. (not Terry Houston)

ALL of his advertising claims were false.
This part is totally worthless to me as it will not even come close to fitting my setup.:mad:

I have emailed him a few times with no response, although he did have time to read the PM
I sent him here asking to return my money and even make a few posts since. I know he is avoiding this issue.
I have had many positive transactions here, this is my first burn.

Boost86 - please return my money !!!! and ill make good in this thread.

Still no response. Not even trying to defending himself since he knows he pulled a scam..

FYI: Stay away from Ryan

dsa87gn , This forum is here for members like yourself to leave your buying and selling experiance with other members good or bad ...But you can not leave or pass out the person(s) private information ie.. Last name , home , business or cell phone numbers , home or business address.

Thanks
Jesse

Originally posted by dsa87gn
Still no response. Not even trying to defending himself since he knows he pulled a scam..

Not tring to SCAM anyone you got the cat that was on the forum for sale. Now to sit here and bad mouth my name all over the board and in every post I leave is alittle immature. If your so unhappy with the CAT send it back to me and I'll happily return ur money.

Originally posted by boost86
Not tring to SCAM anyone you got the cat that was on the forum for sale. Now to sit here and bad mouth my name all over the board and in every post I leave is alittle immature. If your so unhappy with the CAT send it back to me and I'll happily return ur money.

Yes i am very unhappy with the cat. and the fact that you have ignored all emails and pm regarding this issue. I was not bad mouthing you, but at least it got a response.
I did get the cat but it was no where close to as advertised.

I will return this cat when you return my funds. I do believe that is the proper procedure. I have it boxed and ready to go.

I am a stand up guy and you will no doubt get it back.
Please return the funds so we can close this issue.

Please reply here.

Jesse,
sorry for posting the sellers last name.
I am sure you can understand my frustration.

I guess Ryan does not have the nerve to post here or admit that he indeed did pull a scam.

quotes from his posts:
1.I have a brand new in the box 3in cat I'm lookin to sell. Never installed. Cat is a high flow. Shoot me a price.
2.no takers on a Terry Houston 3in cat shoot me a price
3.Terry Houston High Flow 3in cat 115 shipped to ur door brand new in the box. Any Takers????

He knew dam well it was not "new in box". Ill give him the benefit of doubt that maybe he didnt know it wasnt a TH, but it sure aint. Ryan, pal, not all 3" cats are TH.

He wants me to return the cat before he returns funds.
should i be a fool and risk getting burned twice ?

Ryan do the right thing.

Already told u what to do to get ur money back so whats taking u so long to do it !!

Let me respond in your language:

whut r u kidding. i told u whut is goin' to happen to u if u dont send the fundz. do u think im goin' to b a fool agin

I will send your cat back in the exact same box in the exact same condition it arrived upon receipt of funds. It wasnt out of the box for long, a total of maybe 5 minutes, for a quick denial inspection and a few picutres for the record.

I told you in emails i didnt want to have to leave negative feedback, but you ignored them and the PM i left you.
You only answered when i went public.

We all spend more than we care to admit on our cars and getting stiffed, i can tell you, is not a good experience. Yeah, I am very upset on this transaction, because I would never do it to anyone,
even you Ryan. You have tought me a lesson on trusting people on these boards. If your logic is "i got him he'll get me", your sadly mistaken. I will send your part back, I have absolutely no use for this $115 paperweight. If it were a LEAST a Terry Houston Cat you sent , (even used and painted like your advertised "new in box" one came) at least I would have a useable part. I end up with nothing.

Im done posting here regarding this issue. You know you did wrong. Many people have viewed this and are aware of you.

Ryan, Please return my money by Friday 3/4/05.
Make good on the deal and maybe Jesse will remove the thread.

If I do not respond here by Friday 3/4/05, that Boost86 has made good on the deal, and anyone wants information on Boost86, Feel free to PM or email me. he may change his user name. I dont want anyone else to go through this. I will not send any information prior to that date.

Like I said before I have no problem rembursing you on the cat and I told you how to do that so I will leave that up to you.

This is the last time I will reply to this forum I said I will refund the money and how to get that done

Better get you eyes check if you think in was BRAND NEW
1. Your right, it would be discolored, but it would be hard to see under a coat of paint.
2. :confused: Never mentioned any jagged edges, just the fact of carbon buildup inside and fact that it aint a TH cat.
3. Your right. Ive done business with many others online and got a false sense of security on expecting to get what is advertised.

Cat wasnt painted still had the sticker one telling the price. And as for the face to face part the last email I got was you telling me how much older and wiser you are sounds like you took a long step backwards in my book

Why don't the two of you agree to a third party to receive the part and the cash, and when they have both, send the cash back to the buyer and the part back to the seller. I can understand the reluctance of dsa87 as I am sure you can also boost. Agree on an independant third party and exchange things that way so all will be happy and looked out for.
And modgod, I have no idea why you are in the middle of this. This forum is for the seller and the buyer to resolve a problem, not for outside comments supporting one or the other.

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Why don't the two of you agree to a third party to receive the part and the cash, and when they have both, send the cash back to the buyer and the part back to the seller. I can understand the reluctance of dsa87 as I am sure you can also boost. Agree on an independant third party and exchange things that way so all will be happy and looked out for.
And modgod, I have no idea why you are in the middle of this. This forum is for the seller and the buyer to resolve a problem, not for outside comments supporting one or the other.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I have removed and edited some of the post in here because it has no use in helping the situation between you two.

Also "modgod" you need to read the rules of this forum , you have no business in this thread , if you would like to stay a member of this site please follow the rules of this site.

Jesse

Originally posted by Jesse
[
Also "modgod" you need to read the rules of this forum , you have no business in this thread , if you would like to stay a member of this site please follow the rules of this site.

Jesse [/B]

And where exactly are these rules posted? Certainly not in THIS forum

Originally posted by 2quiktocare

Id be more than happy to do it, any takers ?
im pissed but not vindictive, Boost would get his cat back exactly as pictured in the lounge, i even offered to eat the shipping back to him.

Originally posted by smokin'6
And where exactly are these rules posted? Certainly not in THIS forum

It would have been nice of you to just pm me instead of posting in this thread....

Since the "Turbobuick.com GEAR PAGE IS UP AND READY!!!" Announcements was placed at the top of this and all of the forums on TB.com the Rules of this forum were "masked" until the new Announcement ends in a couple of weeks.

SO here are the rules of this forum for the new and older members to read.

" TurboBuick.com cannot guarantee the honesty of any person posting on this board or in this forum.
You Buy, Sell, and Trade AT YOUR OWN RISK.
We highly recommend you deal with people you know or use methods to secure your portion of the transaction from fraudulent actions by the people you are dealing with. We will try to help as much as we can, but there's only so much we can do. THE REST IS UP TO YOU ,TB.com is not responsible for your transactions.
If you experience a problem with a buyer or seller, here are a couple of websites with helpful infomation (if anyone knows of more please let us know)
http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

http://www.fraud.org

Beware of who you deal with on this and any other forums. Use your own judgement. Here's some tips

Reliability
Check their post count. The higher the number, means they've posted a fair amount. However this is NOT an indicator of how reliable the seller is. They could just have a history of posting on other formus on TB.com and not in the parts for sale section USE YOUR JUDGEMENT.

Trustworthy
Ask other veterans of this board, if they've dealt with the seller you are about to purchase from. Are they friends of the seller? Is the guy who's recommending to buy from the seller, the seller's best friend? USE YOUR JUDGEMENT.

Illegal Items
Ask for a receipt. If there's none, or he makes some excuse that he lost it.. chances it could be that it was stolen. Watch out. Because if the police find out, they can seize the illegal items and give you nothing despite you being innocent.

FLAKERS
Backing out at last minute? To prevent this, give them a deadline like: "I will hold it for you until Monday. After that, I will give it to someone else next in line." If they insist, then ask for a deposit on your item to hold it.

Methods of Payment?
Cheques? Don't accept them (unless you know the person you are dealing with or have taken all pre-cautions). Only use guaranteed Postal money orders , drafts or pay-pal . To obtain M.O's go to any local bank They usually cost about $5/each... pricey, but the funds are as good as cash, guaranteed.
Now if they insist with cheques? They are not guaranteed, so it takes 5 business days for a bank to clear it.
Please use your best judgment when dealing with internet purchasing

Here's how will work it for now , changes may be needed as we learn.

If you bought or sold something and had good or bad experiances you may post here.

IF YOUR NOT THE BUYER, THE SELLER OR DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE SALE DO NOT POST.<

Make the subject of the post the board users name. plus the word "positive" or "Negative". (THumbs up and down Icons are good too)

Post the full details(not just "Good Guy" or "Bad Guy) . Post item in the sale, amounts, hard details on the transaction. Vague posts may get removed.

If your posting a bad rating you must have tried to contact the person and given them at least 30(from the date of the sale) days to correct the problem. Posting emails and Private message attemps in your post may help in showing your attemps to resolve this matter. Please stick to the facts of your transaction , No assuming post or replys are welcome in the feedback forum.

Please do not use foul language or violent sayings or remarks in your post or thread ,It will get edited and if continues the thread/post will get deleted.

Guide lines for Negitive Threads about members and vendors:

When a member makes a negitive thread about a vendor or member The ONLY replys allowed in the thread are the member who made/started the thread and the member or vendor who he or she is having a problem with , all other replys good or bad WILL BE DELETED.

I will add to this as the rules need to be refined.

Don't use the "thread rating" option that could get confusing.

If their was no sale don't post. For this forum we do not care if a potential customer/seller can't make up their mind,. Post information on buying & selling only.

Positive - Great transaction. Everyone is on time, products are as they should be and everyone communicated well.

Negative - Poor transaction...for some reason like product was broken, person ripped you off, etc.

Neutral - You got what you wanted but there is something about the transaction that you didn't like...such as lack of communication , time frame ect... If you feel that there is a problem too big for you to give a positive feedback but not big enough for a negative feedback...give a neutral. (just a option)

As this area could easily be abused I would like to say this now and get it out in the open.

This is a FEEDBACK area only. Flaming is not permitted in any form. Please lets just keep this completely informative so that others can use it as some good information for there buying or selling experience

If you have a specific transaction in question, prior to making a public post; make every effort to contact the person(s) involved via e-mail and/or PM (Private Message) or telephone first. If a response is not made within a reasonable time frame (roughly 30 days of recieving money) , nor is the dispute settled; post in this section accordingly.
Please use this forum as a last resort.

All members and Vendors are starting with a clean slate in this forum Feedback on members and vendors will start as of Febuary 24th 2004.

I am aware of many problems of past member and vendor issues and in my personal opinion agree with some of them , but we want to try and give everyone a clean start in this forum.

NOTE:

This forum is mainly designed for member to member transaction , But there are times were a vendor problem arises. So if your problem is with a supporting or non supporting vendor on this board please contact the administration first before posting.
If you do not contact TB.com administration first your thread.post will be removed.

For the record
TB.com will not blanket ANY vendor or member if you do some one wrong on TB.com it will be allowed in the feedback forum.

ADDED

When Negative threads are made about a member or a vendor NO ONE is allowed to post in that thread except the involved parties ONLY.
All other post will be deleted without notice.

Thanks
Jesse

If anyone has any suggestions to add to this forum please email me with them , Do not post it here or in this forum.
Thanks"

Mediator

I would be willing help with this situation.

I use this same user id on many many forums and have had plenty good references. Check ebay as well for this user ID and you will see that i have had nothing but positive feedback.

As you can see, i am in Indiana as well and do know boost personally. i really don't think there was any scamming going on with the sell, and this is jsut a situation of learning from. Always ask for all the info you need before purchasing. No matter what, and pics are good too.

Regardless, i am jsut offering a hand in helping resolve this. If you dont' feel comfortable using me, that is fine...i just want to see this go away as well and have things calmed down.

I have a low post count on here, mainly due to being new the turbo 6 world and actively looking for my own. Hopefully soon!

Let me know if you want to work with me to help with this...if not, that is fine..jsut let me know. Just offering to help!

Originally posted by dsa87gn

I bought $560.oo worth of T/A wheels from him and he was very honest with me and I have nothing but very good things to say about him.
(and yes, I sent him the money 1st)

just my 2 cents;)