boost , rim questions

hershillgn

stupid questions ,

1 how much boost can i run, stock turbo and inj . has poston 430 cam 340 fuel pump , 2800 stall , joe lub 94 octaine chip , is it around 18 pds??and does 42 psi fuel pressure sound right??

2 are all 4 rims the same dimensions?

thanks guys
mike

That all depends. What fuel are you using? I have heard of people being able to run 18 psi on 93 octane pump gas, but that is rare. And with your stock injectors, i would say no way.

The goal is to run as much boost as you can without knock, or very little. And you won't know that if you don't have a knock detector.

If you can read 18psi boost, then you must already have an aftermarket boost gauge. Add the knock gauge if you havent already. Then you'll just have to do your own testing and see. Every car is a bit different.

I can run 18-20 psi boost, but I run a xylene mix on the street. No way i could do that on pump gas. Unless I was fond of yanking the heads off.

And your stock rims should be 15 x 7s.

That all depends. What fuel are you using? I have heard of people being able to run 18 psi on 93 octane pump gas, but that is rare.

i run 20 psi on the street with 93 pump gas, 796 o2s, and 0-1.7 degrees knock top end. i must be one of the lucky ones:D

With stock injectors?:rolleyes:

If you are really running 20 psi on the street with no alky/propane, I envy you. Who made your chip?

heres my full list.

te44, 42.5 lb injectors, rcj power plate, dual fuel pumps, adjustable wastegate, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, jim testa chip, hooker test pipe, hooker catback exhaust, stright pipes, dump, boost gauge, fuel pressure gauge, scanmaster v2.1, the rest is unkown but when i baught the car i was told that the car had only had its valve springs and timeing chain changed. im gussing the car has had some head work and maby a new cam in the past because shes ALOT stronger then she should be, ill just have to rip in to it one day and find out.

im running 34 psi of fuel pressure and im a tad rich on the low end but ive got a front mount coming in a few weeks that should lean her out alittle.

EDIT* the chip has 19 degrees of timeing on it.

Well, way to go Jim!

I may have to give his chips a try. As I said, I have to run atleast a 20% xylene mix to safely run 20 on the street.

Stock DP? Is that FP with the line on? Must be.

That power plate is probably helping you alot. I am awaiting several thing from Mease myself, including his DP, INTTR! intercooler and sheetmetal plenum. Too bad there is not a power plate for that plenum, yet...

i recomend jims chips, when i was running some odd ball chip i was destionateing out the ass but as soon as jims chip was instaled she settled down.

Stock DP? Is that FP with the line on? Must be.

That power plate is probably helping you alot. I am awaiting several thing from Mease myself, including his DP, INTTR! intercooler and sheetmetal plenum. Too bad there is not a power plate for that plenum, yet...

yup, stock dp not even ported and a stock cold air box :D talking about a sleeper. im not sure about the power plate, ive never driven the car with out it but i can say this, even when i was having detionation problems i had the rcj power plate so i dont know if it does any better or not.

edit*
yes the fp is line on. ive ALWAYS tuned line on. i dont see the point of pulling the vacume line off just to adjust the fp. im simple minded it confuses me. i go by my o2 mini-volts and kr and what ever the fp falls at thats where i leave it. now dont take me wrong, i did not just slap some parts togeather. i take my car out and tune it atleast twice a week for several hours at a time.

do you have any track or dyno results to establish how much power you are making?

boost is nothing but restriction and means nothing (depending how the motor flows)

most engines that make big power do not make big boost

something is up if you get by with 34 (?) lbs fuel pressure...even a stock regulator puts out 40 or so

do you have any track or dyno results to establish how much power you are making?

something is up if you get by with 34 (?) lbs fuel pressure...even a stock regulator puts out 40 or so

no track or dyno results as of yeat but i out ran a new 500 hp rt10 viper, that would put my car in the high 11s maby mid pushing it.

the reasion why im running 34 psi is because thats where i have it set(adjustable fuel pressure regulator). when i had jim burn my chip i was/still am unsure about the flow rates of the fuel pumps. when i set it at 45 psi line off (first and last time i ever tuned by line off) she was rich as a dog and blowing black smoke, not to mention the o2s were off the charts. so i tuned it down in the 790 range with my scanmaster and left it at that. i noticed that it did still run alittle rich on the bottom end but i had a talk with jim about a month ago and he told me that a front mount will lean her out.

ya just have to remember all of our cars are diffrent, some can take high boost, some cant even get 15 psi. i just got a freak of nature.

boost is nothing but restriction and means nothing (depending how the motor flows)

most engines that make big power do not make big boost

thats why i think that my heads have been ported before. im the 8th owner of my gn so theres no telling what the cars been threw, i just know what ive been told from the last owner. until i blow something and can take a peak at what the engine really is theres no telling whats in there.