Boost/Knock Input needed

JayGord

For some reason i can't seem to run over 10# of boost without getting knock.
i read all the time about people running way higher than that without alky

Curious on what some people could think problem is.. specs in Signature. block has about 14xxx miles on it and all mods were done in later months of 07 so all parts are fresh

Do you have enough fuel? I ran 15 psi on just 93 pump gas with a TT chip,new fuel pump,fuel pressure reg. hot wire kit with no knock. Did you do the spring cleaning? get a fuel pressure gauge tape it to your windshield and see if your loosing fuel when building boost.I had a bad fuel pump when I tried to build boost it would get KR , so I put in a walbro 307. Good luck.

if you read what i said, all parts in my sig are new.. most parts were put on in late months of 07. around July and August.

all of the following were purchased in june of 07 and installed in july 07-
TA60-009's-Mark Jackson Stretch IC-3"downpipe-RJC Boost Control,RJC PowerPlate,RJC Biggie Oil Filter Adapter-Monroe Ported Throttlebody/Plenum-Walbro 340 Fuel Pump/hotwire-T.T.Chip-Scanmaster 2.1-MAF Translator/LS1 MAF-3"MAF pipe w/K&N cone-Hooker Exhaust-F.body Rad Conversion-B&M Oil&Transcooler

Just recently installed earlier this month was the Accufab Fuel Pressure Regulator- air bags w/ spacers and torque converter

I do run a fuel pressure gauge and the pressure is fine.. vac off 42# and pressure goes up to 50+ when under 10# boost

no. i was just letting you know that fuel can't be the problem because them parts are all new- i been running a fuel pressure gauge for a while.

i still have the problem of getting knock over 10#

Is it real knock? Does it go up in sequence? Like the following .4, .6, 1.4, 2.5, 2.9, 24.3

Or are the all different like this .4, 6.3, 3.1, .3, 0.0?

Adam

well i never am in it long enough to find out as soon as i see knock i usually let out.. i'll have to test and see on my drive to work in the moring..

i'm assuming sequential is Real and random is false??

check your maf when i had some work done on my car they had put a small crack in mines and i would get knock whenever i build boost

the MAF Translator and MAF were put on after all the work, but i'll look into that too. thanks for the suggestion