*******Boost Gauges

79turbosportcpe

I dont have a boost gage.. what kind is a good one?
just today i got a couple puffs of white smoke.. It did stop but this means something is coming..?:confused:

I am sold on VDO gauges, I have the tach,boost,oil press,water temp gauges that are very accurate. I have had the boost,oil, and water gauge since '96 with no problems what so ever :) .

rebuilding tommarrrrow need help!!

well there is water in my exhaust pipes..could be the head gasket or worse..
when they open it up, I want to know what should be done if the head is cracked?? I dont want to cut corners so I can tell them to do what for sure?
I could change the intake gasket to an 80s style gasket..

anyone know of a trusted or good machanic in the los angeles area or san fernando valle area..... or how to find a performance machanic?? Thank You:cool:

Re: rebuilding tommarrrrow need help!!

Originally posted by 79turbosportcpe
well there is water in my exhaust pipes..could be the head gasket or worse..
when they open it up, I want to know what should be done if the head is cracked?? I dont want to cut corners so I can tell them to do what for sure?
I could change the intake gasket to an 80s style gasket..

If your haeds are toast change to the 8445 heads, I'm not sure what other changes you will need to do to dothis though.

anyone know of a trusted or good machanic in the los angeles area or san fernando valle area..... or how to find a performance machanic?? Thank You:cool:
Post that question here, there are LA guys here that can answer this better http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=46

How much water is in the exhaust pipes? Water is the exhaust is normal. When fuel burns, it becomes COx and Water. When the exhuats pipes are cool, it is easy to see it condense and drip out.

I would suspect if your head gasket blew into a water jacket, you would see water in the oil (milky looking) and gases in your coolant. Not water in the exhaust.

I would doubt the head is cracked. If it is, the junkyard is full of replacements.

I like Autometer Ultra-Lite gauges. They match the factory gauges well. I went with a 30-0-20 vacuum/boost gauge (#4301?)